The Lotus Cars Community banner

What car should I replace my character's wrecked R8 with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was reading a reader's review of my book BULLETTIME, and he stated that in the coming sequel I should replace the lead character's Audi R8 with a Lamborghini Gallardo. (The R8 was wrecked in BULLETTIME) Well that got me thinking. Until reading the review I hadn't really thought about a replacement vehicle for the character. I am still ironing out the new storyline, so I have not begun to write yet. But as far as the book's protagonist, he's a metrosexual P.I. with a cocaine addiction. He doesn't play by the rules, and would rather shoot first, and avoid questions completely. He's basically a troubled anti-hero with deep pockets, so money isn't really a concern. So what do you guys think? Gallardo? Carerra? F430? Or something else? Exige S240 perhaps? Whatever is the most popular vote, I'm putting it in the new (as yet untitled) novel, as my lead character's car. Thanks, guys n gals!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
other

i also vote Aston Martin V8, DB9 or even a DBS

exige looks too wild to be discreet
metros dont drive ferraris
lambo is played
r8 been done before
911 way too plain jane

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Absolutely V8 Vantage...but with his cocaine addiction, he'd lie and say it was a DB9. He might have deep pockets, but with cocaine, money is eventually a problem...

Tom

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
Although an Aston fan and would say the V8 (surprise - I like the smaller cars :)) - it may be too James Bond.

Alternative I'd vote for would therefore be:
Maserati GranTurismo

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
what about the CGT?

that car i would think fills the profile.

if i was a rich pi with a drug problem, thats what id drive....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the feedback. I had not thought of some of these cars. The GTR came to mind, but it's pretty ugly. James Bond actually did come to mind when I thought of the Aston. But other than that, I really like some of your suggestions. Keep em comin!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts