The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From previous threads on clutch position sensor issues, a few people have posted about it being a GM/Vauxhall part... the original being pretty crappy, and a newer revised/more reliable version. Does anyone know the part #s for these clutch position sensors? I assume the newer one is plug/play?

Is there a way to determine if the sensor itself is bad?

If the clutch position sensor is bad, would the wrench light on startup go out on its own if you replace the clutch position sensor with a new/good one, or does it have to be cleared by a Lotus dealer with a ScanTool?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

·
Orange
144 Posts
sorry I can't help with your question but what are the symptoms of a bad clutch position sensor other than a wrench icon?
At low speed and revs the ECU thinks the clutch is still engages so the engine is shut off. This is a safety procedure when you have to make an emergency stop and you are to late with the clutch.
Had this problem when some oil was leaked in to the sensor. When accelerate from zero immediately when I let the clutch up the egine began to stutter.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
When accelerate from zero immediately when I let the clutch up the egine began to stutter.
I get this exact behavior when I'm coming to a standstill on the freeway, and slowly accelerate in 1st or 2nd. Makes it look like my manual driving is all sorts of horrible I'm sure.

Might have to change out this sensor and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get this exact behavior when I'm coming to a standstill on the freeway, and slowly accelerate in 1st or 2nd. Makes it look like my manual driving is all sorts of horrible I'm sure.

Might have to change out this sensor and see if that fixes it.
Did you change it out? Mines 2013 N/A did it last week at about 45 mph then i was in traffic and looked doown and the car was off. restarted and it was fine but it seemed to low idele like at 900 rpm after that. How hard is it to install?

·
Registered
238 Posts
2013 S here.

"
Having assumed the Lotus position and looking at the part, I decided against removing it, cleaning it and re-installing. I have instead ordered a replacement and will fit it as soon as it arrives in a day or two. Incidentally the part is a GM part

GM part number is 10366474 which is the number moulded in to the plastic body. There is also a printed number 1 623C. I have seen on the 'net the same part number but with a printed number that is different. I don't know what that signifies but I have stuck with the same printed number on the one I have ordered. "

·
Registered
6 Posts
2013 S here.

"
Having assumed the Lotus position and looking at the part, I decided against removing it, cleaning it and re-installing. I have instead ordered a replacement and will fit it as soon as it arrives in a day or two. Incidentally the part is a GM part

GM part number is 10366474 which is the number moulded in to the plastic body. There is also a printed number 1 623C. I have seen on the 'net the same part number but with a printed number that is different. I don't know what that signifies but I have stuck with the same printed number on the one I have ordered. "
ok please update with pics and level of difficulty once done. thanks so much

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Did you change it out? Mines 2013 N/A did it last week at about 45 mph then i was in traffic and looked doown and the car was off. restarted and it was fine but it seemed to low idele like at 900 rpm after that. How hard is it to install?
Yes, I changed it out and it hasn't stalled or stumbled since. Fairly simple to change, once you get under the dash.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts