The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that the inner CV boot clip (#16) isn't quite tight enough, and after my most recent track day, was found to be slinging grease. I'd like to not have to order the Lotus specific part if I can help it, and was hoping that someone has an alternate part number that might be source able at Rock Auto/Auto Zone/Napa/etc.
I have inspected everything, and the boot is in great shape, but can be rotated at the clip, whereas none of the other clips can be moved. There was no grease on the boot itself like you see in a normal CV boot tear.
Line Font Auto part Engineering Line art

Lotus PN A120D6006S

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After some additional research, it looks like the driveshafts are the same as on the Celica GT/GTS, so almost any autoparts store/Toyota dealer has or can order the parts. There wasn't a lot of grease slung out, but I went ahead and cleaned and repacked the joint just in case.
Thanks!

·
He's on fire!
3,565 Posts
I think thats a poor idea. I've ordered a boot replacement kit from toyota, i was disappointed with the band that came with it (more or less a universal band). Dorman sells a kit that the outer band works for the inner passenger joint, although a tight fit. I can't remember if its 03635 or 03636. Aside from that I'm pretty sure you can order directly from oetiker, thats what I did when i re-booted the outer passenger joint (which most certainly is not from a toyota)

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Exige
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Toyota boot kit PN - 04438-20402 (Inner L&R CV boots/clamps)
I ended up ordering a set of Oetiker clamps from Amazon, and a boot kit from my local Yoda dealer. I'll go with whatever clamps looks the most robust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts