The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one fob that came with the car that I can reprogram every time. The new fob that I bought from a dealer just doesn't seem to work. I know i'm doing it right or else I couldn't reprogram the original fob. I have gone through all the stages using the password. I called the dealer and they told me to do the sequence twice, the first time to wipe the old code out and the second one to reprogram. Anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I may have been doing wrong

After rereading the instructions i see that i did not have the ignition turned on when I held the two buttons of each fob for ten seconds. I will retry and rerun through the sequence with the code. Maybe that is why the old key always could reprogram and the new one would not. I will try after its stops raining.......................

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the fob to work

Hey after the rain stopped I sat in the car and finnally followed the directions exactly and it worked the first time to my relief. As I said what I missed the first time I did it was to turn the ignition on while holding the buttons on both fobs.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Hey after the rain stopped I sat in the car and finally followed the directions exactly and it worked the first time to my relief. As I said what I missed the first time I did it was to turn the ignition on while holding the buttons on both fobs.
:clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts