The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, hopefully this is the right place to ask my question.
I have a single key fob (same unit as the key)-- two questions

1. To turn on my 05 Elise, I put the key in, turn all the way on, hit the unlock button on the fob, press the start to the left of the wheel. Is this the same way everyone has to start their Elise?

2. I worry that one day if my battery goes out in the fob, I won't be able to start my car. Are there places to buy additional fobs I could program with my Elise?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello!

1 - Yes, I press the larger button on the fob and then the start button.

2 - I had the same fear as I also had only one fob. I kept watching the parts for sale on this forum and found someone selling one.
Programming it went well, thanks to instructions I found here on the forum.

I hope that helps.

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
There was a guy selling them from Germany on Ebay a while back, not just the shell but with the board as well. He had quite a few of them. Think I paid around $50-70 for it. I bought one awhile back so I could just have an extra on hand in case i lost one of my two originals.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I bought one on ebay from the guy in Germany. Took a while to get it, but it's a lot cheaper than buying one from a Lotus dealer

BTW - You can start the car using the PIN without the fob. It's a PITA, but better than being stranded.

·
Registered
285 Posts
2. I worry that one day if my battery goes out in the fob, I won't be able to start my car. Are there places to buy additional fobs I could program with my Elise?
Stupid question, but can't you just replace the battery in the fob?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts