The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. As I inspect each individual hose, I'm replacing the bad ones, obviously. In the picture (which is NOT my engine) is the hose I'm referring to, but the Service Manual is calling it the Chargecooler Bleed Hose, I believe. And there are a few choices for part numbers, depending on the VIN. The hose in the picture is actually larger in diameter than the one I pulled off of mine, but I'd imagine that's because they've already replaced theirs. Do you all have any recommendations for the replacement? Seems like the one I had was pretty thick on the outside with a diameter just big enough to fit over the nozzle on each end.

The reference chart from espritfactfile.com/xhtml is nice, but it's not too exhaustive. Anyone happen to have something more complete?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I'm betting you could just cut off a piece and take to an auto parts store and get a match...

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,385 Posts
Just a heads-up based on my experience. :cool:

Try to get actual coolant hose. Lotus used fuel hose on some of the coolant lines (the hose from the header tank to the plastic reservoir comes to mind) and modern fuel line that is commonly avaliable is thicker on the inside than OE.

YMMV of course! :facepalm

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
you can use vacuum line, the system is only 7 psi you don't need anything too hefty.

The S4 above (and all Esprits 89+ as far as I know) all use a 15psi (well 110kPa) pressure cap for the main coolant system.

On the early S4 and all SE's with the dual coolant tanks, the Chargecooler system has a separate pressure cap, in a separate circuit, which is 7psi. But that system shouldn't get to boiling!

On the S4 above, it has the later plastic header tank, which is combined, and has the 11kPa (15.9psi) cap.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O'Reilly had the exact hose, so I just bought a couple of feet and cut to the right length.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts