The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Inactive
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone has a problem with the switches used for the lights, AC and recirc, here is some replacment information.

The switches are made by APEM components APEM : Professional Switches and Membranes
The switch series is IP http://www.apem.fr/pdf/uk/section_b/08-Serie IP-A.pdf

Part numbers for stock replacements is IPR3FAD followed by color options. eg IPR3FADLOG has a green LED. Cost is $20-$30 from Digikey. Cost is $70 - $80 from Lotus Garage, but that presumably includes the right wiring connector.

I replaced some of the switches with the latching version (IPR1FAD2xxx) so that my AC and recirc switch setting have more than a goldfish memory. eg I don't need to press the AC and recirc buttons every time I switch the fan off and then back on. Note that you cannot use latching switches with the standard switch pack module wiring.

·
Premium Member
11,306 Posts
Great. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
My recirculate button light isnt working. How do you unplug it from the green connector that it is attached to?
I cant find a clip or stub to push to unplug it

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
For anybody hesitating to buy them from Digikey for any reason, don't. When I contacted them last year looking for these, I was told I had to buy at least 25 to get them. I tried to put a group buy together on this board.

I am guessing they have a batch now, and won't reorder when they're out.

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
My recirculate button light isnt working. How do you unplug it from the green connector that it is attached to?
I cant find a clip or stub to push to unplug it
Look at the green socket in the upper left of the photo above posted by TheViper. See what looks like a little clip to press on the flat side of the connector? You don't press this, but rather insert a small jeweler's flat bladed screwdriver tip into the raised gap between the plug and socket at the edge of the socket until it pushes under and releases the little clip. You will see the edge of the clip push out of the socket as you push in the screwdriver tip and the plug is released.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Thanks, I tried pressing it in with a big screwdriver, will have to use a smaller one.
I dont think the replacement bulbs come with the socket.

Im thinking of getting a chrome colored one with the chrome bezel so it will blend in with the color of the a/c and heater knobs. Also the blue light is hard to see in the sunlight, so I will go with green since it will match the color on the parking and light switches and it has more of a light output according to the APEM site

I had a similar problem with minimum orders for a speedometer gear on an old VW. Had to order 12 minimum, but they were only $1 each, so it was cheaper than buying a new speedometer.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
LED Resistor?

Hi, new here, reviving an old thread.

Ordered these IPR3FAD3L0G from Mouser. They came with 4 wires instead of 3. Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like one side of the NO switch is tied to the (-) side if the LED. But the Diagram also shows an internal resistor to limit LED current. Do the factory switches have this resistor?

Can I hook these new switches directly or do I need to add a resistor?

Thanks,
BrianM

In case anyone has a problem with the switches used for the lights, AC and recirc, here is some replacment information.

The switches are made by APEM components APEM : Professional Switches and Membranes
The switch series is IP http://www.apem.fr/pdf/uk/section_b/08-Serie IP-A.pdf

Part numbers for stock replacements is IPR3FAD followed by color options. eg IPR3FADLOG has a green LED. Cost is $20-$30 from Digikey. Cost is $70 - $80 from Lotus Garage, but that presumably includes the right wiring connector.

I replaced some of the switches with the latching version (IPR1FAD2xxx) so that my AC and recirc switch setting have more than a goldfish memory. eg I don't need to press the AC and recirc buttons every time I switch the fan off and then back on. Note that you cannot use latching switches with the standard switch pack module wiring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts