The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks my factory steering wheel has a scratched up airbag and I cant stand it, I thought I could live with it but my little Lotus must be perfect. Anyway I was looking at buying the OEM steering wheel and it seems way overpriced. I saw some very nice steering wheels on EliseParts. My questions:

1- On the back of the OEM steering wheel there is about 5 inches of black steering wheel column. The replacement wheels are flat. Does this mean the new one would be that much closer to the instrument gauge? How about if I want it to have the same distance as factory? Is there an adapter?
2- Do I need any kind of adapter to install the steering wheel or does it just bolt on?
3- Will I be able to place back the plastic surround with no issue? I want a clean factory look no parts exposed.

Thanks for any feedback/suggestions!!!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Ok folks my factory steering wheel has a scratched up airbag and I cant stand it, I thought I could live with it but my little Lotus must be perfect. Anyway I was looking at buying the OEM steering wheel and it seems way overpriced. I saw some very nice steering wheels on EliseParts. My questions:

1- On the back of the OEM steering wheel there is about 5 inches of black steering wheel column. The replacement wheels are flat. Does this mean the new one would be that much closer to the instrument gauge? How about if I want it to have the same distance as factory? Is there an adapter?
2- Do I need any kind of adapter to install the steering wheel or does it just bolt on?
3- Will I be able to place back the plastic surround with no issue? I want a clean factory look no parts exposed.

Thanks for any feedback/suggestions!!!
My experience with Eliseparts is that Geary is good about answering emails and seems happy to fully explain things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts