The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over 2500 miles and my rears are nearly shot. My local Pirelli dealer can get a set of P-Zero's for me (but not the OEM P-Zero Corsa System's). The only other tires I can find online in the OEM sizes are Michelin Pilot SuperSports, Potenza Pole Positions S-04, and Yokohama Advan Sports. I don't know if my Lotus dealer can get the Corsa's or not, but since it's an all-day trip, I'd prefer not to do that every time I need tires, which would seem to be frequently.

I had 2 different sets of Pole Positions on my 350Z and hated them. The Yoko's have even a lower wear rating than the Corsa's so I think they'd be a mistake.

Has anyone tried the regular P-Zero's or the Michelin's? Any other recommendations?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I'm purchasing some Michelin Pilot Super Sports right now because I couldn't get the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's in the size I want.

I have read and heard many good things about them so I'm looking forward to trying them.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I thought the Potenza pole position S04's were a new tire from Bridgestone? On my Infiniti M35 Sport, I switched from the Potenza RE050s to the pole positions and they felt better. It has a higher tread wear rating too, which was why I switched. Of course, the Infiniti's a family car, so it may be meaningless.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Pilot Sports are fantastic once broken in. Take a look at the 265 rears as well. Fill the rims much nicer.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Stick to the Corsas, by way the best tire I've ever driven - on the street, and close to semis on the track. They are a "bit" expensive though...

By the way, treadwear of the Corsa is 60, which is the same as A048or Kumho V700. Ok, most oft that number is marketing, but doubt that the Yoko is worse.

Wonder how you're driving, I got 6000miles from my rears and still 5mm left. Front wear faster at 4.5mm. And that included spirited driving, high speed runs up to 280km/h and one track day...

Only alternative I can think of is the Michelin Pilot SS, that works good on other cars.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stick to the Corsas, by way the best tire I've ever driven - on the street, and close to semis on the track. They are a "bit" expensive though...

By the way, treadwear of the Corsa is 60, which is the same as A048or Kumho V700. Ok, most oft that number is marketing, but doubt that the Yoko is worse.

Wonder how you're driving, I got 6000miles from my rears and still 5mm left. Front wear faster at 4.5mm. And that included spirited driving, high speed runs up to 280km/h and one track day...

Only alternative I can think of is the Michelin Pilot SS, that works good on other cars.
IF I could get the Corsa's, I'd seriously consider putting another set back on because I like them too, but they aren't available. One of my wear problems is that I used Lotus's recommended inflation pressures (35 front, 38 rear) and the rear's have excessive wear in the center. Next time I'll know better.

My local Pirelli dealer told me that the Corsa's wear rating was 200...the Yoko's are 180. Either are less than the Michelin's (300 with a 30K mile warranty).

·
Registered
545 Posts
IF I could get the Corsa's, I'd seriously consider putting another set back on because I like them too, but they aren't available. One of my wear problems is that I used Lotus's recommended inflation pressures (35 front, 38 rear) and the rear's have excessive wear in the center. Next time I'll know better.

My local Pirelli dealer told me that the Corsa's wear rating was 200...the Yoko's are 180. Either are less than the Michelin's (300 with a 30K mile warranty).

I also run recommended pressures, on the low side, so far it worked fine. But agree, Lotus recommended pressures tend to be too high.

Corsas are 60 treadwear, at least over in Europe and also if you look them up at Tirerack. But on Tirerack they do not have the LS specification. Most times, you only get this specification through you Lotus garage. Let them ship the tires to your closest tire shop for getting them installed there, logisticwise the best option.

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
2500 miles!! How many track events. Sounds like you're lighting up the rears a bit much? Getting on it at 5mph v from a stop will add a lot of miles to your tires. Any drag racing??

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I have 7800 miles on my rear P-zero's but they are not the Corsa's they are the 19" non S model ones and they are pretty much done for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts