The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
give me my second cam!
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The coolant tank (overflow reservoir) is slowly decomposing and getting brittle so I bought another coolant tank to replace it with. My question is do I have to bleed (burp) the coolant system after replacing the coolant tank or do I just pull the old one out and put the new one in and top up the fluid and I am good to go? Thanks in advance!

·
Wow Such Admin
6,932 Posts
Shouldn't have to. Not sure if you have one or not, but I'd clamp off the coolant hose shut with one of those rubber hose clamping pliers before you remove it. That way you will lose as little coolant as possible. But, I'd just replace it and top it off. Just check the coolant level after a couple drives and make sure it isn't low.

·
give me my second cam!
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shouldn't have to. Not sure if you have one or not, but I'd clamp off the coolant hose shut with one of those rubber hose clamping pliers before you remove it. That way you will lose as little coolant as possible. But, I'd just replace it and top it off. Just check the coolant level after a couple drives and make sure it isn't low.
Thanks doge!:bow: I appreciate it!:clap:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I did this a month ago on mine. Yes, make sure you clamp off the three coolant hoses to prevent too much loss of coolant. Then I would put a tube into the reservoir and suck on it to create suction and place the catching container below the level of the reservoir. Once it drains out, you loosen all three clamps and the two nuts holding it. Replace and refill with coolant. Easy as pie.

·
give me my second cam!
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did this a month ago on mine. Yes, make sure you clamp off the three coolant hoses to prevent too much loss of coolant. Then I would put a tube into the reservoir and suck on it to create suction and place the catching container below the level of the reservoir. Once it drains out, you loosen all three clamps and the two nuts holding it. Replace and refill with coolant. Easy as pie.
Thanks Nessal!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts