The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2014 Evora had an issue back at the end of June with over heating. The dealer replaced the fans and said the thermostat/water pump looked to be working ok. I just finally got it back today and the dealer put down to keep an eye on the water pump/thermostat in case there is longer term damage that wasn't obvious while in the shop.

In my searching around on here, I've found a few posts that say that the thermostat is very difficult to access through the passenger wheel well. How difficult is that?

Since Greg'sRaceParts sells the replacement thermostat for under $50, i'd consider trying it myself if it comes to that, but I would like to know what i'm getting into..

I found this thread Lotus Evora Rear Bumper Removal? on removing the whole rear clam...and its pretty daunting....I've taken the front clam off, but not the back.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
It's in the housing near the alternator and water pump. Not impossible to get to from the wheel well, but definitely not easy.

Borrowed this image from Google. Disregard the red circles. It's in that area where the pink dot is.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, i think i'll pick up the GRP replacement and give it a try this winter. I drove around a lot yesterday and sat in traffic a little and it was totally fine, but i understand the tech's concern and I am hesitant to attempt a long trip in the near future..

·
Illegal Alien
4,987 Posts
Lotus Labor Rate book gives it 2 1/2 hours

·
Premium Member
6,764 Posts
Walk in park after motor mounts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Really? the dealer quoted me 13 hours....
It depends on how comfortable you are working in tight spaces. It'll be 13 hours if you want to remove everything and get easy access. If you're patient and dexterous, you can probably do it faster. Full disclosure: I've only replaced it when doing engine-out service.

donour

·
Illegal Alien
4,987 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts