The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
That seems high. You have a couple options. Remove seats and go through access panel or drop the tank.dropping the tank requires removing lower panels. What brings you to want to remove the pump? I recommend a surge tank if your doing something that requires upgrading the tank. Less trouble and good benefits.

·
Registered
607 Posts
So I just installed the REV400 kit. The fuel pump depending on the year of your car can be a pain to install (so I hear). If its a 2005 its very hard to get the unit out of the tank and you typically end up damaging it (according to BOE it will be destroyed) the replacement pump piece is about 80 bucks. If your getting the rev400 it comes with a new pump, worth about 80 bucks. If you figure your going to break it installing it anyways you can just add the pump and the piece together for $160 bucks savings off of a Surgetank. I only have about 5 miles on my install of the rev400 but I can say its a ridiculous amount of power. But it came at a price. You shouldnt just install the kit. Its alot of work to get the clam off and the kit in. There are other components to think about while your in there. I ended up pulling the tranny for a new clutch, well now that the tranny was out I figured I should do the flywheel as well. and well maybe I should put in a LSD so I did that. It just seemed to keep going. Also... at this power and with access to the engine I decided to do my valve springs,retainers and seals. The only concession I ended up making was a low cost header setup. Its DEFINETLY better than stock but not as good as the higher priced options.

·
Registered
607 Posts
After looking at your post I see that you already have many of the support mods to go along with the increased power. I say add the surgetank. I like the added comfort and ... I think I can go an extra 2 miles with all that extra fuel tank space.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.