The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 years ago, I was having problems with the oil warning light coming on once the engine warmed up and at low rpm's, but off under acceleration and/or rpm's over 3,800 or so. Pressures were fine when checked manually. The dealer ultimately replaced the sending unit and the problem went away until this week.

I think Fishguy has had similar problems, so hopefully he'll chime in on replacing the sending unit, or anyone else who's needed to do this.

I'd prefer to replace this myself since it took the dealer 3 months to get the correct sending unit and then correct o-ring, although less than an hour to fix.

My main questions are:
Where is the sensor screwed into the block, which sensor do I need, and where should I get this (if other than the local Toyota dealer)?

Car is an early '05 Elise with build date August '04. Thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bought a sending unit at Toyota (there were 2 choices, so I'll probably have to go back for the right one).

Before I go hunt around tomorrow for where it is on the block, can someone please save me the time and tell me where the oil pressure sending unit is located?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part No. 83530-AA011

Was correct part number from Toyota. 5 Minute switch out, thankfully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts