The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, newer Exige owner here. Had it a few months now but as life goes, not much time to spend on it.

My Exige has plastic adhesive protection over everywhere but the rear clam. On the sides, it has a lot of imperfections and I'm considering peeling it off and replacing it but have no idea where to even begin to find a replacement. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
If what you have is the official Lotus accessory, it's called Star Shield and will have very subtle Lotus logos in various spots. Search that name here and you'll find lots of info. Dealers can get the official replacement pieces.

There are also aftermarket kits. Chufforia Graphics and I think Sticker City should both have them.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I took my car to Keith at Chufforia in Atlanta to have mine replaced and he did a great job. He can get the OEM lotus stuff or higher quality aftermarket. I went with the aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
you live close enough to keith that you should take your car to him. He does all kinds of high end cars day in and day out and is very easy to talk to and work with.

i'm not sure what he charges, for for the quality of work, his prices are very reasonable for the level of quality.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I would also buy from Keith @ Chufforia (I hear nothing but good things from them)

that of course is if I didn't have a bad experience removing my factory star shield... because of that I will never re-install it (FYI: it was a nightmare to take off)

·
SMDDanny
64 Posts
I bought an aftermarket set from Lotusgarage for about half price... but I think that I will not apply it as there is a new 3M sprayable product that the paint shop is now recommending. You clean and wax first so that it will peel off one day. Looks a lot easier to spray than install the clear film. Cost will be about $40 plus a couple of hours of work too..

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
The reviews on the 3M Paint Defender aren't so good. Be sure to read up on it before going that route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts