The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Do you want it wide enough to be able to see areas behind you not visible through the rear window? Apparently the current mirror already shows you body work as you look at it, which would suggest it is too wide as is. Stan will comment on this...

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
You're kidding, right? It's the largest mirror I've ever seen, short of those Wink mirrors from the 80's.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
The rear view mirror looks quite small and I'm wondering if a larger one is available?
:confused: :confused: :crazyeyes :crazyeyes :confused: :crazyeyes :confused: :crazyeyes :confused: :crazyeyes

I hope you mean one of the side mirrors (even though those are fine) 'cause the rearview mirror is gigantanormous.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Ridge.. he is either nuts... or a comedic genius. :)

(I think it's comedy)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Randy Chase said:
Ridge.. he is either nuts... or a comedic genius. :)

(I think it's comedy)
When I worked for 20th Century Fox everything was always done in 'Wide Screen' Cinemascope. Now, lets get back to finding me a mirror that will
duplicate that form of visual coverage.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Sorry for asking it here but I can't find the other thread we had going about changing the rear view mirror to a smaller one where Stan found the tiny one. Am I crazy? or am I doing something wrong in the search feature?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Ridgemanron,
You can find what you are looking for at any ski boat dealer.
They have gigantic convex mirrors. They even can be mounted to the dash for that ski boat look...rotfl

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I deleted that thread as it became a bit exasperating from my POV. And the idea is to have fun here.

I'm close to getting the manufacturer to make some just for the Elise, with the necessary mods needed to fit them to our cars (based on my experiences in use), and cheaper than the price at retail outlets. But I'm disinterested in trying to go through that process in an hour or so while getting henpecked.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Stan- Thanks for following up on that... it's a mod alot of folks will in intrested in, even if some are a bit eager. ;)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Stan and Chris,

Thanks for replying. I have been out for a day or so and couldn't find the thread anymore and really wanted to get one of the mirrors but I can wait for the manufacturer to make the mods. When You get something new please let us know. No henpecking from me!

wait
wait
wait

Stan, Is the mod on the mirror done yet? Just kidding! and thanks again! :clap:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Stan said:
But I'm disinterested in trying to go through that process in an hour or so while getting henpecked.
Stan:

Just remember -- no good deed shall go unpunished. And when you try to deal with a group of fanatics like this little dysfunctional family, you're bound to get some flak, even when you're trying to do some good! :D

But thanks for undertaking this.

If you could get one with a day/night feature, that would be great. (If not, it's open season on henpecking!)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
pinmagic said:
If you could get one with a day/night feature, that would be great.
In an open top car, I find the day/night feature to be a royal pain. When you have it on "night" any lights from above - street lights for instance - cause "flashes" on the mirror. Set it backwards, and instead you get to see "flashes" of the interior being lit up. I prefer a single plane mirror like I have in my old Elan - I can set it slightly high so that I don't see the headlights behind me, but can tilt my head slightly up to see what's behind me.

Best mirror I eve had was on my old Triumph TR-4 - it was a single plane mirror, that was slightly curved (convex) such that things appeared slightly narrower than normal. This had the affect of increasing the field of view, and reducing the apparent intensity of the headlights behind me, but it also had a bit of "Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear".

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts