The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Evearybody, I 'm now making the Lotus GT1 replica in Thailand.Any'valuable opinion would be very appreciated.

Cheers.

Umb autobody

Attachments

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
When I read the title of your thread I was afraid I'd see a Pontiac Fiero being converted....in which case the opinion I would have offered would not have been kind.

But seeing as how the donor car is an Esprit, my opinion is to go for it.

Question, those flairs, are they the actual size as on the GT1?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow! you are very talented with your body work. looking forward to seeing the progression. good luck and stay focused on end result as this will be a long project with many hiccups.

*subscribed*

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sweet! I'm assuming no one makes flares for the Esprits so you must make them yourself. If you make molds, I would be interested in a set.
Nice job. Keep the pictures coming.:clap:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bump* Any updates?

By the way you can post pictures as big as you want. I like the fact that I can see close-up details of what you are doing. Any chance to buy a full set of these from you?

Thanks,
JG

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The progress of Lotus Esprit GT1 Replica project. We complete to 70%. :clap:

For the questions. "Are they the actual size as on the GT1?" :bow:
Let me explain.
The size and shape. I want to make to most similar in the GT1. By the way, I have to research from website and picture about the GT1.

Now I have mold of front fender flare(left and right) and rear fender flare(right). And other will be done in next time !!!

If someone is interested in a complete set.
Before sale, I will set up aero part in our car before to provide the most complete. In order not to have too much. This edition is limited. :bow:

·
Registered
284 Posts
If someone is interested in a complete set.
Before sale, I will set up aero part in our car before to provide the most complete. In order not to have too much. This edition is limited. :bow:
Looking good!
I'll forward this link to an Esprit friend in BKK.
Maybe he or one of his friends would be interested....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would be interested in a full set. Any idea what the cost will be? Flares ,& side skirts?
Thanks! Very interested. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there, great work, tried to get my hands on the GT1 wheel arches for over 10 years with no luck. I will buy a set from you.

Torgrim

Norway

1 - 20 of 57 Posts