The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well so far there have been mixed results from SCNAX members running in Topeka.

Robert and Steve finished out of the trophies to a tougher than expected STX field.

John Hyon in BS was in 25 after the first day but improved to 16(?) on Wednesday.

On Thursday we have David Avard, Julie Jacobs, Kymberly Delafuentes, Larry Andrews and Myself running.

Larry is doing the best by far and has the best chance to trophy in a tough F125 class. He is currently sitting in third with his co-driver and future SCNAX member Eric Nelson in fifth or sixth. (sorry I am doing this the lazy way from memory and not actually looking things up).

David is in 12th place and in position of getting a trophy with the south course still to run. The south course is more technical so David should do quite well there.

Julie and Kymberly are currently out of the trophies but just need a few tenths improvement in relation to the drivers ahead of them to get into the trophies. Kymberly is trying to get used to her borrowed car and Julie coned her first run, posted a decent second run and was hauling ass on her third run but spun out on the big slalom and had to stand on her second run.

Yours truly is currently sitting in 6th place and out of the trophies. But only need to catch two drivers for the last trophy position. So if I can beat them by 3 tenths on Friday I should be able to bring home a fourth place. I need 1 sec to catch third, 1.5 seconds to get to second and an impossible 3sec to catch my co-driver Steve O'Blenes. If you curious about how I did in Steve's BP RX7 turbo here's the low down. I started out with a high 51 sec run followed by a 50 sec second run and my final run I improved to 49.148. I didn't spin :D , or flat spot the tires so I did my job. I feel more comfortable in the car now so I hope to improve on Friday.

Art

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just checked the results page, and,

ART RINNER takes 4th place, last trophy spot in BP!

Co-driver Steve O'Blenes basically O'Bliterated the field take first by 4.2 seconds!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,
I've never felt so good about a 4th place finish!

Larry Andrews was awsome also finishing 7th in a tough F125 field.

I guess this makes up for 2001 eh Larry!

Larry and I both attended in 2001 but didn't run due to the terrorist attack, but we made up for it this year!

SCNAX was 2 for 2 (official Members) and considering all our honorary members doing well also, bodes well for next year!

Art

BTW I got our name mentioned at the Awards Banquet! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts