Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just wanted him to tell how much he is happy...;)
On a Mustang dyno, my Katana was : max power 191.7 @ 8000
max torque 126.7 @6500

I would like an other dyno for my VF II...:D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yep, love my VFII :coolnana:. Had a small glitch at first. Broke down on I-40, west of Nashville, going home from VF. I was going around 75 mph, hit a rough area in the road, and it went dead. I coasted to a stop, pushed the start bunton and white smoke bellowed (I like that word) from back of the car. Luckily my wife was in front of me, she went up to the next exit, turned around, went back to the past exit, turned around and finally arrived in around 15 minutes. Got Jermaine and Mark on the phone and both said they thought it was electrical, but I couldn't see anything. My wife and I got on the tomtom and called all the local wreckers. None could tow this vehicle. If you have never been stranded on the interstate, let me tell you, it sucks :(! I called the THP and they sent a trooper (real nice guy- wanted to know how fast I have had it). He called a rollback and after 2 hours the car was on its way to a garage that supposedly worked on exotics. Next morning, I called the garage at about 8, gave him Jermaines and Marks numbers and hoped for the best. At 11 he called and said your car is ready. Evidently, when Jermaine tightened the valve cover down, one of the injector wires was under the edge of it. It took around 600 miles for it to cut it in half, but when it did, the ECU shut down the engine. I went and got the car that night and got home around 9. Didn't get a chace to drive it hardly any. Last night it was raining, but I was hell bent on getting it out. On wet pavement, you can't floor it in 1, 2 or 3 gears. Never tried 4th.
One other thing, I LOVE THE SOUND! It is very obvious when you give it much gas, that there is something bad under the hood :evil:.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
barely noticeable????? you are either going deaf, have a loud stereo, or have copious amounts of sound deadener stuff...maybe you got the "silenced" mp62 model?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm not really sure what sound I hear. It may be the intake or the sc. I only hear it when you open up the throttle. Sort of like spinning a bearing without grease, but going real fast. Is that clear as mud?
Has anyone else had problems shifting? If I floor it in 1st, it gets to the redline so quick, that it is hard to shift at a predetermined rpm. It is kind of hit or miss right now. Second is only slightly better.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No problem shifting. Be sure to learn heel-toe.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
what kind of an intake is used in this kit?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts