The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can explain to me the sensitivity to an accidental repost. Of course it is going to happen sometimes even if a search is done. It seems as if someone is waiting to shove it down your throat. After all what harm is done? Come on guys we are only trying to get knowledge and have fun here. :shrug: Get a life.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Limited server space? :shrug:

I think it is fun to see the creative lettering to spell out REPOST with pictures. Almost makes me want to repost something to see what everyone comes up with... (thinking, thinking... Nah).

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I see the repost police as having fun as well. Look, if you repost something, there's always someone who hasn't seen it. Like that barn in Portugal. The last time it was reposted, I had never seen it before.

There is no harm done on anyone's end :)

Don't take it personally :wave:

That said, I do think it gets a bit out of hand.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I agree. There are nearly 1,000,000 posts on this forum. Reposts are going to happen. We, as a community, are bound to repeat ourselves. Jumping on every new member that posts something that's been said before, or asks something that has been asked before makes this place a lot less welcoming than it was in the "EliseTalk" days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This forum is very enjoyable compared to others that I have been a part of probably because of the sensibility of the governors here. There is a TON of pertinent info available and almost every specific detail that I have needed to unlock Lotus secrets have been available by trolling and searching. Redundant posts make said trolling and searching infinitely more difficult.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I disagree. The person who posts a REPOST is a VERY BAD person. This person can be compared to Adolf Hitler, bin Laden, Charles Manson and Big Bird. The "REPOSTER" MUST BE ARRESTED and placed in a high secuity prison....for LIFE!

Hmmm....wait a minute. There are a LOT of LotusTalk members here that want ME to leave, banned, be arrested and go to prison for life. I wonder who they are?:eek:

I'll crawl back in my cave.....:eek: --Hal

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
:D

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I see it more as a friendly reminder to get people to use the search function, but nothing more than that...not really a big deal in my opinion...

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Maybe someone can explain to me the sensitivity to an accidental repost. Of course it is going to happen sometimes even if a search is done. It seems as if someone is waiting to shove it down your throat. After all what harm is done? Come on guys we are only trying to get knowledge and have fun here. :shrug: Get a life.
I TOTALLY agree with you Viper.

It is a game these guys play but it's really unnecessary. :clap:

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Even this thread is a repost...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I think Randy should just close down lotus talk as everything has already been said and there are no longer any new questions. Everything is a repost. Once closed down the search feature will be able to be used so you will be able to find the answers to all your questions without any more reposts.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I think Randy should just close down lotus talk as everything has already been said and there are no longer any new questions. Everything is a repost. Once closed down the search feature will be able to be used so you will be able to find the answers to all your questions without any more reposts.
That is also a repost. HAHAHAHA

I don't think anybody really cares about the occasional repost. It's just those really dumb and common ones like "I'm 6'3" will I fit?" that show up three friggin times a week. Besides, we just have fun putting up the letter jpgs.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
They call that a "book." rotfl

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Again I say, we (most) are trying to gain knowledge and also have some fun.
Those who are looking to critique for reposts, spelling, punctuation or just something to boost their own ego, do need to refocus. I want to enjoy visiting this forum and don't need disfunction from these individuals.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts