The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before you guys say anything, yes I tried Google image but its not showing up the right pics I wanted. I currently have a 2006 Exige and is looking to upgrade to the 2010+ OEM wing. I'm looking for a side shot of the whole car in white w/ black side scoops (if possible, with the 06-09 front clam). Don't want any of that stripes on it. Multiple pics of different angles would be a plus!

Hoping maybe you guys could help a guy in need and photoshop me one? :bow:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks mean haha! i'm trying to see what it would look like to have it in all white with black side scoops.

My car with the stock wing... trying to see what it would look like if I added the 2010+ white OEM wing!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks mean haha! i'm trying to see what it would look like to have it in all white with black side scoops.

My car with the stock wing... trying to see what it would look like if I added the 2010+ white OEM wing!
i was contemplating buying the 10+ wing, but the more i looked at it, the more it looks tacked onto the car. the sharp lines of the uprights don't match the curves of the car (yes it follows the body line though), especially the 09. at least the 10's have the straight piece in the front vent.

it just looks too aftermarket, doesn't have the right flow. i think this picture illustrates what i am talking about:

to each their own though.

·
Registered
143 Posts

You didn't give me a very hi-res photo to work with, but here's an idea. I did two, one with your photo and another starting with a 2010 RGB adding the black scoop, black side guard, black rear wing and removal of the RGB markings.

Honestly, the new generation wing looks incredible in person. The orange photo above doesn't do it justice -- in person you can see the wing PERFECTLY matches the contour of the rear deck. It does not look like a bad bolt on when you are looking at it. It's one of the "far better in person" items, IMHO.

-Scott

·
Registered
327 Posts
i was contemplating buying the 10+ wing, but the more i looked at it, the more it looks tacked onto the car. the sharp lines of the uprights don't match the curves of the car (yes it follows the body line though), especially the 09. at least the 10's have the straight piece in the front vent.

it just looks too aftermarket, doesn't have the right flow.

to each their own though.
I disagree, I bought mine with the 2010+ wing already fitted and I think it looks right at home and factory. much more aggressive looking than the OEM 2005-9 wing IMO. My car also has a bigger rear diffuser though which helps the wing blend in a little more. As you say though its all a matter of opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts