The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sitting here at the USENIX conference.. you know the setting, ballroom with long tables and chairs... 400 of your best friends.

Not all talks are exciting, so EliseTalk to the rescue. Only I just noticed the women behind me scowling at my screen as HuggyBear reminds them of certain deficiencies in youth and vitality.

I sure would like to see an option right now for "No Avitars Please". As a stop-gap, I can just shut off all graphics in the browser, but that makes certain features (new posts) harder to use.

I wouldn't begrudge anyone their freedom of avitar, and don't mean to start that flamefest again, but I would like the freedom to hide them temporarily.

Just a thought..

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Don't mean to offend you or others around you and without getting into a debate. Here is a solution.

Edit Options
-Thread View Option
-Show users avatars in their posts?
-yes or no

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
1. Click on "User CP"
2. Click on "Edit Options"
3. Where it says "Show user's avatar in their posts?" click "No" and submit the form.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
How can I block just huggy's (while at work)? LOL.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Thanks, Steve!

Vantage, I know you're just joking, but there *is* one way to do what you ask. You could add Huggy Bear to your Ignore List (user CP, Edit Ignore List). This is rather extreme, as it'll block all his posts, but it IS one way.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
No need Huggy, just agreeing that a situation similar to the aforementioned could be potentially embarassing. Doesn't offend me.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Vantage said:
a situation similar to the aforementioned could be potentially embarassing.
And it could get people into trouble in the workplace...

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
huggy bear said:
Geez guys. Is it that bad? If you want me to remove it I will. Take a vote.
Oh heavens no! Believe me, there are days when nothing seems more appropriate than a relaxing gaze at the jubblies.

In fact, you and transio both pointed out that the feature I requested is already there, I just missed it. It tried it, it works, I'm all so very happy now. And offending less people too.

I'll shut up now.
and place my vote

1 - 18 of 18 Posts