The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Please Lotus, focus on the few quality suggestions here for the Elise. For everything that is of the "add this" category, make another model. We have the Elise for the minimalistic crowd, the Exige for the racer-look crowd (you can even give them some more power), so how about an Extravaganza for the crowd that wants everything added to it? You should be able to keep it a few hundred pounds and a few thousand dollars under a comparably equipped Boxster. That way, everybody can be happy.

[only slightly tongue in cheek]

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Good post Chris. Not sure Lotus has the funds to pay so much detail to all these nit-picky problems. Rather have the money go into high quality materials and engineering. Now that I am thinking about it, I honestly never use the A/C, radio, or power locks. I do like the power windows though (because I use them).

If Lotus wants to move upmarket with the other models, I thought the M250 concept interior looked great. Minimalistic yet well finished. Basically you use more costly materials for what you already have...

- J

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
ChrisB said:
Please Lotus, focus on the few quality suggestions here for the Elise. For everything that is of the "add this" category, make another model.
Ok, is a tilt steering wheel a quality suggestion, or an "add this" for a porker model? :p

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
FlyLo said:
Ok, is a tilt steering wheel a quality suggestion, or an "add this" for a porker model? :p
Pork...:thwack:

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Ah, the supercharger would be a nice addition. As well as an elongated accelerator pedal-the current setup doesn't allow for heel-toe driving. My Fiat has a wonderful sun visor-it flips up above the windshield frame to block the sun on top-down days when the sun is above the frame but still right in your eyes. The current visor, thoguh cute, is essentially useless. Insulate the driver's side rail to prevent heat gain from the hydraulic lines that run through it. Very little weight would be added with soemthing like high density foam panels inserted that frame rail. Of course, in the winter time, when you'd like that heat, it seems to dissipate so quickly you never get that advantage. Oh well, that's the quirky stuff we love about this car. Unless you're sweating like a pig in stop-and-go highway traffic in July. :drool:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Lumn8r said:
A disable switch for the passenger airbag. I know it can be done aftermarket, but there is no reason for it not to be standard.
Can you even fit a child seat in there? If you did have a child with a booster, would he be close enough to the dash to warrant airbag deactivation?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
FlyLo said:
Can you even fit a child seat in there? If you did have a child with a booster, would he be close enough to the dash to warrant airbag deactivation?
The owner's manual strongly recommends no children in the car at all. Between the force exerted by the pre-tensioning seatbelt in the event of a crash and the force of the airbag, Lotus suggests only teenagers and above ride along. i guess you could say the Elise is PG-13.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dont know maybe I'm just different but I like it just the way it is. With all its quirks and problems it is a true Lotus for people like me that just like to drive and enjoy every minute of it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Return phone calls

Dear LOA,

Getting thru to you on the phone is sometimes hard.

You say to leave a return phone number, but you did not call me back and it has been two days.

What's up with that?

Best regards,

mr t

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just want to know how fast I'm going. Is the metric speedo accurate? I'll gladly use it and translate. Just give me accuracy....please!:crazyeyes

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
A plate, not necessarily a splitter, that would fit under the front of the car and protect the underside from the simple act of going up a driveway...

:huh:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Personally I wouldn't add anything to the car (SC being an exception). However, would it be possible to add a laptimer with smartly placed simple controls on the steering wheel (similar to the one on aprillia motorcycles). I was thinking a start/stop button on the right side on the aluminum portion, and a lap/reset on the left (both placed inside the horn button and outside the airbag and hub. Then maybe it could store a resonable history of laps (20-50 maybe), and you could use a combination of the two buttons to scroll through your session.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I love the car, I did order a leather covered center console from the Lotus Trim Shop but through Lotus Sports of Boston my dealer was unwilling to order the part, we should of been able to order the parts at the same time we ordered the car and have them when new for installation at the dealer befor pick-up like in marry old England. I would like to see a red line, red light or a yellow light on the techometer face at the number while I'm approaching the red line with peripherals before hitting the red light/line.

·
Registered
111 Posts
milehitom said:
The owner's manual strongly recommends no children in the car at all. Between the force exerted by the pre-tensioning seatbelt in the event of a crash and the force of the airbag, Lotus suggests only teenagers and above ride along. i guess you could say the Elise is PG-13.

A lot of us have children who REALLY want to go for a ride in "Daddy's cool car."
There is absolutely no reason this shouldn't be possible in a $40K+ car... What if one of us would like to take our kid out for an ice cream? What if one of us has a kid who is really into Karting? God forbid we have children who would prefer to go for a nice ride in REAL TIME rather than only enjoy the Elise on Playstations Gran Turismo while eating a bag of Doritos!

I don't have an Elise yet and I may not buy one for this single reason. My Son loves cars almost as much as I do. How can I expect to leave him behind everytime I go for a ride?

101 - 120 of 217 Posts