The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 140 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
After sale power options of ecu, header, supercharger.
Improve the a/c.
Improved abs software improving ice mode issue.
Smaller rear view mirror.
Multivex or similar side mirrors.
Sealed battery.
5800 rpm cam change up and 5500 down.
Better wiper blade.
Correct speedometer.
Cooler key/alarm combo.
Bring back anodized wheels.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I agree with what <B>Buz</B> said, but:

1) If the ABS Ice Mode problem is very difficult to fix, I'd settle for an ABS Disable switch, similar to the TC Disable.

2) A glove compartment of some sort should be available, even if it's just a plastic box that fits into the frame rail in front of the passenger seat. Lockable would be nice, but not necessary.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
More power is a no-brainer, especially more low-end torque, but I'm very happy with the interior and the size of the Elise. I wouldn't want the car any longer, and I think the interior of my base model is appealing in a minimalist way.

·
Banned
510 Posts
I actually had a side view of an elise on my desktop.. to fit the pc automatically stretched the picture.. and the car was longer looking.. Let me tell you the elise is a gorgeous car.. but with 1+ more feet in length (stretched) it looks super hot

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Mamo,
Guess I have to ask the question. Why aren't you populating a viper board? Since you don't own the elise anymore and don't seem really interested in owning one. Or is it as I suspect, you like pulling peoples chains?

Chris

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
MamoVaka said:
I actually had a side view of an elise on my desktop.. to fit the pc automatically stretched the picture.. and the car was longer looking.. Let me tell you the elise is a gorgeous car.. but with 1+ more feet in length (stretched) it looks super hot
I personally don't give a damn what the car looks like. If I'm driving it, I can't see it. I bought it because it was short and small and light with all the benefits that come from that. It'll be a sad day when Lotus makes a car longer and heavier solely for aesthetic purposes.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
andykeck said:
I personally don't give a damn what the car looks like. If I'm driving it, I can't see it. I bought it because it was short and small and light with all the benefits that come from that. It'll be a sad day when Lotus makes a car longer and heavier solely for aesthetic purposes.
:bow: :clap:

·
Registered
215 Posts
The car is pretty fit for purpose as it is so I wouldn't change much:

1) SC option
2) Modernize the key/fob alarm
3) Make a micro-mirror standard
4) Make the sound system optional (with better choices)
5) Include the first service in the price of the car

Oh and for the Exige owners please make drive lights an option in the US ;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Request to Lotus

1.) I second the ABS cutoff option.

2.) A 12 volt power takeoff somewhere up front. (sorry if this is a duplicate, didn't see it anywhere).

3.) A horn that doesn't honk when running switchbacks or when I'm holding on for dear life!!!!

Other than that I love the car. (of course there is never enough torque or horsepower)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
A radio-delete option would be nice. Evidently the radio and speakers weigh about 10 pounds (!) I know I'll never listen to mine, and other people on here have said the same thing.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
MamoVaka said:
My Requests: MORE POWER!!!
Hey Mamo...at the last autocross there was a longish straight (for an autocross start) before the first turn. So I had my son log achieved top speeds in that section (consumer radar gun). For awhile the highest top speed was 55 MPH from a modified STI on DOT-Rs. Then a 1700 pound TVR with a souped up small block ford V8 and real slicks pulled a 56 MPH top speed. Elise on street tires? 56 MPH...and one run hit 57.6 MPH. I wonder what a Viper could have done... The surface was pretty slidey and cool, about 3500 was a decent launch RPM for the Elise. The thing is...the TVR prolly "felt" the strongest. The Elise just whooshes and does it with RPMs.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
3.) A horn that doesn't honk when running switchbacks or when I'm holding on for dear life!!!!
ding! I pulled the fuse for autoxing. Nothing like honking all over the course to the worker's delight. And it's distracting. Can't the horn simply be located at the bottom of the steering wheel?

121 - 140 of 217 Posts