The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 160 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
My request to Lotus regards warranty issues.

As it stands ( or at least the dealership told me this) they have to take pictures of every problem over a certain dollar amount and get it approved by Lotus. This is fine if you live within a few minutes or an hour of a Lotus Dealer and can just pop in, leave your car, and come back.

As someone who lives 7 hours from the dealer, this became a real issue for us on our last trip.

We allocated two full days for the cars to be dropped off at the dealer and was told this was fine. We gave 3 weeks advance notice of our trip down asking explicitly if everything was in stock and ready for our arrival. We even gave details of everything we needed fixed along with the service bulletin #'s so parts could be in stock. Many problems on our cars were unable to be fixed because of this system. We wasted a 14 hour trip/hotel expenses/vacation time etc.

I'd be happy to elaborate if details are needed.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I want heads up video for the kids in the back seat. ;)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
andykeck said:
Here's my request for Lotus. There are a great many requests in this thread for things that individually seem reasonable enough, but if taken in sum make it seem that we're asking for a larger, plusher more tricked-out car. If that's where the market takes the mid-level car and the Esprit replacement, fine by me. If Lotus offers some of those options for the Elise, again, fine. But I'd like for there always to be available the bare-bones, spartan, no-nonsense Elise that I love. I have little interest high-quality materials or more comfort, I want low mass, simplest solution stuff. Like the recent review of the S2 Exige said, "Small, tight and angry". Indeed! Give me that.

+100 Well said.

REAL performance mods are always welcome though

·
Registered
392 Posts
Green Hornet said:
+100 Well said.

Yes, indeed!

·
shay2nak
24,930 Posts
make it easier to remove the front indicators! Instead of the clip, maybe have it screwed on instead.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I like the car as it is. My request list is:

1. More instrumentation - oil pressure and temp gauge would be nice
2. Keep it pure. Forget about cruise control, cup holders and all that nonsense. We don't need them in most parts of the world anyways.
3. Charge cooling for the supercharged cars
4. They need to do better than a 1yr warranty for the other parts of the world, particularly for a hand-built car like the Lotus

·
Premium Member
6,478 Posts
"Small, tight and angry" :wave: The perfect woman and her name is Elise!!!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Chamfer the leading edges of the tabs that slide together on the louvers covering the radiator. I could not get them back together until I did this.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Green Hornet said:
+100 Well said.

true - but i would prefer less weight first!

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Dear Lotus,

Please...no more Elise/Exige rental cars.

They get destroyed so fast.

The last thing you need the sports-car buying public to see on You Tube are Lotus cars in horrible accidents because the drivers have no idea what they're doing.

It's a really bad idea.

Thank you.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I love my elise I have no problems.. It's pure drivers car!
my only want would be to have it run cooler in traffic...
Maybe a fan override button that allows me turn it on while sitting
in hot traffic.....

thank you I love my car well done :clap:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Should be standard
------------------------------------
1) A stronger AC/Heater fan and an AC that doesn't freeze up. If the new AC weighs too much, we could always delete it.
2) Locktite on the window bolts
3) Accusump
4) a drain hole in the rear of the truck gutters
5) relocated horn button(s)
6) disarming the alarm/unlocking the doors should automatically enable the starter
7) a little more room between the clutch pedal and the left of the pedal box. I cannot use the deadpedal. The other pedals are perfectly placed for me.

Should be offered
----------------------------
1) alcantara steering wheel trim. The leather one is too slick.
2) sc
3) hydraulic truck lid support

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
XPcarguy said:
6) disarming the alarm/iunlocking the doors should automatically enable the starter
It does...

141 - 160 of 217 Posts