The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much $$$ should I expect to lose if I sell after my '05's warranty expires?

The prices on autotrader and ebay don't seem to be affected by expired warranty - I know the majority of '05's for sale have lost their warranty... It seems to me that I'd want to pay a chunk less for a car with no factory warranty, or does this not really apply to the Elise?

My warranty expires in November. :sheep:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
1/2

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would never buy a car without warranty coverage.

·
Registered
357 Posts
whether your car has 3 mo. remaining on the warranty or out of warranty shouldn't matter really at all as a buyer is assuming they are buying a car that isn't coming with much warranty, that is a standard part of the depreciation.

I wouldn't pay an extra for a car that the warranty is expiring within 6 mo. of ownership...

·
Banned
874 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
whether your car has 3 mo. remaining on the warranty or out of warranty shouldn't matter really at all as a buyer is assuming they are buying a car that isn't coming with much warranty, that is a standard part of the depreciation.

I wouldn't pay an extra for a car that the warranty is expiring within 6 mo. of ownership...
++

...unless the car's less than a year old, warranties are pretty meaningless; it wasn't a factor at all when i was shopping...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't think it affects it at all...it's a proven, reliable Toyota powertrain...enough said!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts