The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are accepting reservations to order a new Lotus Emira (Type 131) when it is made available. We only require a minimum deposit of $1,000 and the deposit is fully refundable. We currently hold 8 deposits & counting.. If you would like to reserve your very own first-of-line Lotus Emira please give us a call at (317) 245-6312.

Also, please feel free to share this information with anyone else who may be interested. Thank You!!

·
Super Moderator
2005 Lotus Elise
1,899 Posts
I wonder which LotusTalk members are part of the 8 pre-orders mentioned above? @DannyTheDonk are you one of them?

·
Supporting Vendor
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So this is a pre order deposit to be in line to pay for the real pre order?
Dealerships that have received customer deposits will be given the first opportunity to order & receive vehicles once they are brought stateside. The sooner you place a deposit, the earlier you'll be able to take home a new Lotus Emira!

Any funds received as a deposit will be applied as a credit towards the final purchase price. These funds are fully refundable if at any time you change your mind or if we can not deliver the vehicle as promised.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
642 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
642 Posts
Just placed my pre order. Hoping for some good specs/color combos!

·
Supporting Vendor
495 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,540 Posts
Don't give a rats ass about the rags and You tuber idiots. I just want to see the specs, we'll let the Lotus Engineers do the rest as they always have. Something as simple as tire pressures can completely screw up a test as we saw in 2011 BDC. Fn idiots killed the Evora test results.

·
Premium Member
7,540 Posts
I think its great to see interest already, I just don't want an early build as I intend it to be a track car that needs to be sorted out.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
...Something as simple as tire pressures can completely screw up a test as we saw in 2011 BDC. Fn idiots killed the Evora test results.
There was an Esprit road test in Car magazine circa 1977 that the reviewers were baffled because the Lotus was understeering excessively. They finally discovered the front tires were 2psi off, which fixed the problem after correcting it.

Reactions: brgelise

·
Premium Member
7,540 Posts
Randy Pobst has driven the same model with correct tire pressures. results would have been far different. I don't know how he kept it on the track!!

Reactions: Julian73

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
642 Posts
#9 at Gator here. Excited to see what the car will look like on July 6. Confident in Gator's ability to make this work as promised.
Hey Gator, which # was I?

I just found a Rossion for sale, ive been looking for quite a bit, its a bit on the high end. Are you anticipating getting any Rossion's in stock? I know you are a retailer for those as well. The Rossion is my go to incase the Lotus is not all its chalked up to be, however I have a feeling that wont happen.

·
Supporting Vendor
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Gator, which # was I?

I just found a Rossion for sale, ive been looking for quite a bit, its a bit on the high end. Are you anticipating getting any Rossion's in stock? I know you are a retailer for those as well. The Rossion is my go to incase the Lotus is not all its chalked up to be, however I have a feeling that wont happen.
You are currently our 7th deposit out of 9 held. We audited our older deposits which bumped you up a few places in line.

Rossion hasn't been producing cars for a few years now so you'll have to find a nice pre-owned example. Since so few cars were made, the market for used Noble/Rossion is usually pretty 'hot' making it difficult for dealers to acquire them as inventory. You'll most likely have to buy private party, but we'd be happy to offer any support needed during ownership.

·
Supporting Vendor
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
#9 at Gator here. Excited to see what the car will look like on July 6. Confident in Gator's ability to make this work as promised.
I'm not sure what your real identity is to confirm your deposit #, but please feel free to send me a direct message and I will confirm your place.

- Tony

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Tony, Where do I sit in the line?

Reactions: GatorMS_Sales

·
Supporting Vendor
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Emira is revealed! Now is the time to get your deposits in to secure a 'First Edition' Lotus Emira.

Email [email protected] & [email protected] or call us at (855) 428-6767 to secure your deposit!

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does a deposit guarantee you will sell for “list”? Or, will you be tempted to add a dealer mark-up/ market adjustment etc? After years of getting killed by the high list price for Lotuses, and offering deep discounts, I wouldn’t blame you, just asking.

I suspect that IF these list for $80K, there will be a larger demand than there was for any predecessor Lotus. Add in drop-dead good looks, amenities, enhanced handling, engine and suspension options it’s a very tempting car. Esp in the final moments of ICE automobiles.

My biggest hesitation would be concern over new-car teething issues. Still, more car, less $ sounds great, assuming dealer market-up doesn’t kill the vibe entirely.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts