The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
@porterror NJ is far from Indianapolis where Gator Motorsport is located. How will you receive the new Emira when it is released? will you pick up by your self and drive the Emira to NJ? Or will you ship it by using an enclosed transport truck service? In this case, I guess you pay the enclosed shipping fee and it would be around $1,100—$1,500 (which is unnecessary if you buy the Emira from a local NJ dealership). just curious, what are the real benefits of ordering the new Emira at a dealership that is out-of-state from your location? Could you please reply? Curiously, I just would like to understand it. Thanks.

I'm from NJ and I'm ordering from gator. Both Victory and Lotus of NJ 2 weeks ago asked for 5k non-refundable, I balked, then they went 1k non-refundable, I balked, then they went 1k refundable...Gator asked for 1k refundable months ago and I went with them. Much better service. I don't think we have enough details or actual price to do non-refundable, but I guess people can treat their money the way they want..

·
Registered
122 Posts
To answer questions about dealer allocations:

Official allocation numbers will not be provided to the dealer network until later this year, however, Lotus Cars US has been coaching the dealer network to collect "dozens" of reservation deposits in the meantime. From what has been discussed so far, allocation will be based upon past performance & market potential as a franchise, but ultimately the number of order deposits collected matters the most. Orders placed with a reservation deposit will be fulfilled BEFORE the Emira is made available for the dealer network to order cars for their showroom floor.. North America will receive about 570 Emira in 2022 (short year since we won't see the car until mid-year), then we expect to see approximately 1,600 Emira in 2023. Even with a shortened year, 2022 numbers are about double what we received annually for the Evora GT, so there's plenty to go around for early adopters. But with the current trend, it's those that are late to the 'deposit party' who may have to wait for an Emira until 2023.. Get your deposits in early!
To answer questions about dealer allocations:

Official allocation numbers will not be provided to the dealer network until later this year, however, Lotus Cars US has been coaching the dealer network to collect "dozens" of reservation deposits in the meantime. From what has been discussed so far, allocation will be based upon past performance & market potential as a franchise, but ultimately the number of order deposits collected matters the most. Orders placed with a reservation deposit will be fulfilled BEFORE the Emira is made available for the dealer network to order cars for their showroom floor.. North America will receive about 570 Emira in 2022 (short year since we won't see the car until mid-year), then we expect to see approximately 1,600 Emira in 2023. Even with a shortened year, 2022 numbers are about double what we received annually for the Evora GT, so there's plenty to go around for early adopters. But with the current trend, it's those that are late to the 'deposit party' who may have to wait for an Emira until 2023.. Get your deposits in early!
just curious, how can you fulfill the pre-order? It seems large enough already… thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like the part clearly saying “ There will be no markups beyond MSRP and we do not charge you any hidden fees (Services / Arrangement / Administrative)!”

Thank you!

!! Lotus Emira Deposit Update !!

Updated guidelines have been set for the dealer network by Lotus Cars USA/UK which now requires a minimum deposit of $2,500 for your reservation to be considered valid.

If you were an early adopter and Gator Motorsport is already holding your deposit, congratulations, you are grandfathered in and no further action is required!

Please make note that the remainder of our deposit process still remains the same, simple and worry-free. Your deposit is fully refundable up until the time we confirm with you and place your vehicle specification on order with Lotus Cars USA. As our standard business practice, any funds received as a deposit will be applied as a credit towards the final purchase price. There will be no markups beyond MSRP and we do not charge you any hidden fees (Services / Arrangement / Administrative)!

We know when it comes to acquiring your new Lotus, you have many options as to where you purchase your vehicle. Thank you for your business and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

If you would like more information on our deposit process or to secure your spot, please email [email protected] and [email protected] or call (855) 428-6767

·
Registered
122 Posts
According to the live video of revealing Emira, the blue vehicle was moving slowly at least from the behind the big screen to the front of the big screen after the dark grey vehicle making loud V6 revving sound and getting around the main stage where the journalists were standing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
According to UK forum, Matt Windle himself claimed Goodwood’s statement is incorrect in one of the Facebook groups

·
Registered
122 Posts
Heads up, I called Lotus Manhattan Motorcars NYCity, and was told that final pricing with a deposit will be based upon and determined by "highest bidder" market demand. Meaning, if you are a deposit holder that waited a year or so, when your Car arrives Lotus Manhattan will then let you know what the dealer markup will be. The Stealership disclosed that it may be as high as $25K over window sticker.

This is their position as of July 23rd.
thanks for asking the question directly and sharing the information. I am glad that I did not put my deposit at Manhattan Motorcars. What a stealership.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Heads up, I called Lotus Manhattan Motorcars NYCity, and was told that final pricing with a deposit will be based upon and determined by "highest bidder" market demand. Meaning, if you are a deposit holder that waited a year or so, when your Car arrives Lotus Manhattan will then let you know what the dealer markup will be. The Stealership disclosed that it may be as high as $25K over window sticker.

This is their position as of July 23rd.
It looks like Manhattan Motorcars will leverage customers’ deposits and customers’ information in order to get allocation from Lotus, and then make the customers‘ deposits non-refundable at that point, and then put the customers in a situation you pay ADM or you lose the deposits ($5K at least). Just amazing to hear how the stealership works. I saw one member of this forum already put down $5K deposit.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Manhattan Motorcars may not sell you the car at MSRP, but I’m pretty sure they aren’t going to just decide to swallow your deposit because they think they can get away with it. This is just fearmongering.

I’ve never heard of anybody actually losing a deposit at a legitimate dealership. ( except the fraud case at a Porsche dealership a few years ago and my understanding is everybody was made whole in that situation)

So who are all these people worried over the deposit? Nobody, I’ve ever met. It’s more the aggravation of not getting your car. I know people have been claiming there are ” non-refundable deposits” in California. There are definitely a number of people who say otherwise. I’ve even heard there are no “ purchase contracts” technicallly in CA. In other words, either party cancel terminate the agreement at anytime until the car is delivered. That certainly would be more akin to my experience although every state is different.

My dealer told me they only sell at MSRP, but even that I would take with a grain of salt. We‘ll see when the car can actually be ordered. At this point these are “ pre-orders”. In any event, my fear of losing the deposit is pretty much zero. If it’s on a credit card even less worry. ( I’ve had my credit card reimburse me thousands for a company the went bankrupt six months after I placed a deposit. They have never not sided with me on any dispute, btw)
Even if they return the deposit back, it is too late, the customer lost an opprtunity of getting Emira earlier, after waiting, at that point.

If the customer knew that they will charge ADM, the cutomer would put the deposit somewhere else from the beginning.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The reason I posted about Manhattan motor car is that when I pressed them for a written agreement for my proposed deposit at msrp, Nino started to wiggle and then finally said they would NOT commit to msrp, and then stated that the "market/demand" will determine if the Emiras will be sold at msrp or over. I was clearly told by Nino that the allocations to order the Emira would be sold at the market rates at the time of ordering commitment , and that deposits are ONLY to have the opportunity to order with their allocations.
Thanks for asking the question to the dealer further and sharing the information.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can I put down a deposit with two different dealers? It sounds like Gator is guaranteeing MSRP
According to the UK forum and some information gathered, Lotus would do double check the individual who
hypothetically, your allowed to buy more than one car, not against the law or any rules......I should have bought two C8's, did not think of it at the time....others bought two C8's and kept one and flipped the other and made $25K.....lots of smart people were getting C8 early allocations and just flipping their 2nd allocation cars,

in early 2020 when the first C8 cars hit the dealers, Ebay had 15 listings of cars that were allocated where buyers that were late bid and bought these extra allocations or cars. People were getting up to $45K over msrp. I was offered $20K over for mine. turned it down.

Was it really worth the effort and propitable for an individual who flipped C8 ? If the person is just an individual, not a licensed dealer, then the person has to register C8 and pay the tax, before selling it soon, then after sales, the person need to pay another tax later anout the sales. If the person sold the C8 for $20K over MSRP, the there is not much profit left for the seller after paying all taxes. Is there a way to sell it before even registering & tax? How do they make a reasonable amount of profit if they are not a licensed dealer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts