The Lotus Cars Community banner
181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
870 Posts
I agree totally, most likely would never hold up in a lawsuit because those terms must be in a signed agreement between both parties, not just a posted policy.

But, regardless, Gator Lotus is putting it in written manner on a Lotus forum as their policy. Thats good enough for me.

Imagine the feedback if they do not honor their policy.....especially as the only dealer starting a thread announcing their policy of selling cars on deposit at msrp and promoting it in their thread soliciting and seeking deposits........ that would be business suicide.
I have no doubt they will follow through with MSRP for people holding reservations. I am not the least bit worried.

Reactions: 2001f4s

·
Registered
458 Posts
View attachment 1293096

For transperancy here is what I signed when I put in my deposit. It is not a contract.
I suppose things have changed regarding the deposit, since Gators website now states $2500 is the deposit amount .... As it appears that Lotus corporate is requesting this higher amount from all USA dealers as a larger financial commitment in order to assure more concrete committal from prospective buyers and to better gauge the true volume of their necessary production in the UK factory.

No $100 Tesla pickup truck faker/blow money/braggard deposits being accepted with Lotus.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I agree totally, most likely would never hold up in a lawsuit because those terms must be in a signed agreement between both parties, not just a posted policy.

But, regardless, Gator Lotus is putting it in written manner on a Lotus forum as their policy. Thats good enough for me.

Imagine the feedback if they do not honor their policy.....especially as the only dealer starting a thread announcing their policy of selling cars on deposit at msrp and promoting it in their thread soliciting and seeking deposits........ that would be business suicide.
The question now is if I put a deposit with them, and they don’t receive as many allocations as deposits what happens?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Not sure who at Manhattan motors cars said that to this forum member. But they told me the car is being offered at MSRP because “Lotus doesn’t have the prestige of other brands like Porsche”

Also, the deposit is refundable until the car is ready to be put into production at which point all the pricing will be disclosed. At that point the depositor can either withdraw or proceed.

I get hating dealerships but what was communicated to me in person at the dealership sounds nothing like what they told that guy on the phone.

Please update us after you have clarified your deposit agreement terms with Manhattan motorcars, thanks

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Please update us after you have clarified your deposit agreement terms with Manhattan motorcars, thanks
He said the $25k ADM is the first he's hearing of it, and that Nino is not a lotus salesperson, but a Bentley sales person. I told him if there's an up to $25k ADM I would walk.

His further response was there has been no decision about price from Lotus yet, but that I would be presented with final pricing when the slot comes available, at which point I can walk.

I placed a second deposit with Gator incase Manhattan Motorcars places an up to $25k ADM.

Thanks for the info, Krated.

·
Administrator
8,286 Posts
He said the $25k ADM is the first he's hearing of it, and that Nino is not a lotus salesperson, but a Bentley sales person. I told him if there's an up to $25k ADM I would walk.

His further response was there has been no decision about price from Lotus yet, but that I would be presented with final pricing when the slot comes available, at which point I can walk.

I placed a second deposit with Gator incase Manhattan Motorcars places an up to $25k ADM.

Thanks for the info, Krated.
I suggest you read post#80

·
Registered
458 Posts
I discussed that with Allison, but thanks.
hypothetically, your allowed to buy more than one car, not against the law or any rules......I should have bought two C8's, did not think of it at the time....others bought two C8's and kept one and flipped the other and made $25K.....lots of smart people were getting C8 early allocations and just flipping their 2nd allocation cars,

in early 2020 when the first C8 cars hit the dealers, Ebay had 15 listings of cars that were allocated where buyers that were late bid and bought these extra allocations or cars. People were getting up to $45K over msrp. I was offered $20K over for mine. turned it down.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
hypothetically, your allowed to buy more than one car, not against the law or any rules......I should have bought two C8's, did not think of it at the time....others bought two C8's and kept one and flipped the other and made $25K.....lots of smart people were getting C8 early allocations and just flipping their 2nd allocation cars,

in early 2020 when the first C8 cars hit the dealers, Ebay had 15 listings of cars that were allocated where buyers that were late bid and bought these extra allocations or cars. People were getting up to $45K over msrp. I was offered $20K over for mine. turned it down.
Now you got me thinking.... 🤑

·
Registered
158 Posts
LOL, all these internet arbitrageurs just doing Gods work like the Vampire Squid. Helping keep the market efficient.

Maybe we should have a thread where the smart money can both complain about ADMs and then pat themselves on the back for making a quick $25k. We can call it “Adventures of the Vampire Cuttlefish” or some such silliness.

At least the dealers will be paying taxes on their new found riches. Pretty sure most flippers aren’t.

Anyway, I‘m just trying to buy a car, not mastermind the universe. I guess I am old fashioned. I think my car is a toy and an expense. It’s not a fashion statement, a status symbol or an investment. Maybe when I’m really rich, it will be an investment, LOL.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
LOL, all these internet arbitrageurs just doing Gods work like the Vampire Squid. Helping keep the market efficient.

Maybe we should have a thread where the smart money can both complain about ADMs and then pat themselves on the back for making a quick $25k. We can call it “Adventures of the Vampire Cuttlefish” or some such silliness.

At least the dealers will be paying taxes on their new found riches. Pretty sure most flippers aren’t.

Anyway, I‘m just trying to buy a car, not mastermind the universe. I guess I am old fashioned. I think my car is a toy and an expense. It’s not a fashion statement, a status symbol or an investment. Maybe when I’m really rich, it will be an investment, LOL.
You're allowed to address people directly, my man.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You're allowed to address people directly, my man.
Not sure what you mean. I wasn’t referring to you specifically if that is your point. In fact, my micro-rant was probably more a result of some of the stuff I‘ve seen on Porsche forums over the years than this specific thread, but they are all very similar. A lot of people act like ADMs are a venal sin but then love the idea of flipping a car for a profit. It’s like the pot calling the kettle black.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can I put down a deposit with two different dealers? It sounds like Gator is guaranteeing MSRP
According to the UK forum and some information gathered, Lotus would do double check the individual who

Was it really worth the effort and propitable for an individual who flipped C8 ? If the person is just an individual, not a licensed dealer, then the person has to register C8 and pay the tax, before selling it soon, then after sales, the person need to pay another tax later anout the sales. If the person sold the C8 for $20K over MSRP, the there is not much profit left for the seller after paying all taxes. Is there a way to sell it before even registering & tax? How do they make a reasonable amount of profit if they are not a licensed dealer?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Was it really worth the effort and propitable for an individual who flipped C8 ? If the person is just an individual, not a licensed dealer, then the person has to register C8 and pay the tax, before selling it soon, then after sales, the person need to pay another tax later anout the sales. If the person sold the C8 for $20K over MSRP, the there is not much profit left for the seller after paying all taxes. Is there a way to sell it before even registering & tax? How do they make a reasonable amount of profit if they are not a licensed dealer?
[/QUOTE]

yes, because when the car is delivered, you can assign your ownership to anyone else if you like and they take possession and pay the taxes.

181 - 200 of 208 Posts