The Lotus Cars Community banner
201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
787 Posts
Things may tank also.....when ( not if) the stock market crashes soon, multiple owners will get stuck with two cars......

can go the other way, bad, also.....
Go ahead and keep your stuff conservative and miss out on all these gains. Im up 25% this quarter and have been for the past year. I was smart enough to move to conservative before the market took its biggest hit a year or so ago, and then moved in when I watched the trends and haven't looked back since. Just have to watch for trends and your money will be mostly safe.

I knew people that lost 80k in one day when the market was going crazy when the pandemic was starting. Ill admit I did move to conservative when Biden took office, and then it kept going up so I moved it back to aggressive

Also I dont think people are using their investments/IRA/TSP/401k to buy these cars and make big purchases. A lot of it is money saved during the pandemic and people are finally being able to spend it on nice toys.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Go ahead and keep your stuff conservative and miss out on all these gains. Im up 25% this quarter and have been for the past year. I was smart enough to move to conservative before the market took its biggest hit a year or so ago, and then moved in when I watched the trends and haven't looked back since. Just have to watch for trends and your money will be mostly safe.

I knew people that lost 80k in one day when the market was going crazy when the pandemic was starting. Ill admit I did move to conservative when Biden took office, and then it kept going up so I moved it back to aggressive

Also I dont think people are using their investments/IRA/TSP/401k to buy these cars and make big purchases. A lot of it is money saved during the pandemic and people are finally being able to spend it on nice toys.

Yes, yes, yes, OK, I got it, understand.......BTW can you manage my funds ? please ? pretty please ?

This is a LOTUS CAR FORUM.......just in case you got off track.....

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
787 Posts
Yes, yes, yes, OK, I got it, understand.......BTW can you manage my funds ? please ? pretty please ?

This is a LOTUS CAR FORUM.......just in case you got off track.....
You brought it up. Don't bring something up if you don't want comments about it. And actually yeah I can manage your finances if you like, its what I do for a living.

Reactions: OliveJuice

·
Registered
270 Posts
Allison is amazing!! Not once have I regretted dropping my deposit with them. Even if they are 1500+ miles from me.

Care to share any questions/answers with the class? 😁
Was asking about making sure my build spec came through since there was mention of losing your spot if you didn’t do it.

Was most interested in when allocation numbers will be announced (answer: likely winter) and how many ahead of me spec’d manual V6 (answer: half).

·
Registered
193 Posts
"We caught up with company boss Matt Windle at last weekend’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, the freshly unveiled Emira being one of the most popular cars at the event. Windle confirmed that the four-cylinder version of the car, using an AMG 2.0-liter engine, will soon be boasting outputs in excess of the hp of the supercharged 3.5-litre Toyota V6, and also that the smaller motor will serve as the basis for a higher performance R version. The V6 engine will ultimately be forced to retire by increasingly stringent European emissions legislation. “We’ve got five years for it,” Windle said, “and we anticipate it will be the most popular engine in the U.S. because of the the ability to order it with a manual gearbox.”

There is a lot of info floating out that is actually coming from Lotus USA and Lotus in the UK.

TWO different dealers told me that the manual may POSSIBLY be difficult to obtain after the launch 1st year cars. Not sure if this is true OR if just a sales tactic to get a deposit for 2022 ASAP by indicating manuals are no longer a possibility after 2022..... seems unlikely to me, since most in USA want a manual, why would Lotus shoot them selves in the foot ? seems like a mild sales pressure tactic to me, but who knows..... BUT I was also told that those who want the dual clutch and automatic V6 will have to wait until late of model year production of 1st year launch and will be the last of production as far as availability in 2022 launch year.

Lotus rep now CONFIRM and state ( in a written interview article) that the 4 cylinder will eventually go up to 416hp as the years progress.

Lotus confirms that V6 will be phased out , but no one is sure when, rep says have access to V6 for 5 more years.

Demand is still unknown. Lotus can easily make 5000 cars per year for world. Originally 600 cars were to be allotted for USA in 2022 and in 2023 USA gets around 1600 cars. Looks like Lotus will add an additional shift to increase production since the demand appears (?) to be higher than initially expected, assuming most do NOT cancel. Most USA cars are being ordered with manual V6.

Gator is stating that they have 80 already on their list and state that Lotus has assured them EVERYONE will get a car that put a deposit for one in 2022, and that Lotus told/assured Gator that they can still continue to take deposits for allocations for 2022. interesting. Naples Lotus ( largest dealer in world by volume 100 Evoras sold per year last few years) state that they have also over 80 on their 1st year list. so looks like most other USA dealers are only getting around 40 cars a year in 2022.

interesting indeed.

201 - 208 of 208 Posts