The Lotus Cars Community banner
81 - 100 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put a deposit with this spot and that same Laura person confirmed to me today that I would pay MSRP
Hmmm interdasting, so within a day, they got more info and decided they weren't going to be charging markup. Looks like I'll be placing a deposit with them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm interdasting, so within a day, they got more info and decided they weren't going to be charging markup. Looks like I'll be placing a deposit with them.
Unfortunately, don't bother with Eurocar / Lotus of Orange County (CA) if you want MSRP. Leesfer, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I've previously spoken with Laura too, she is the only one handling Lotus sales there. She had originally told me in email that the price would be MSRP. I then put a deposit down last week, and had a nice single digit # on the wait list. I had to cancel it today.

I started to have an uneasy feeling given what happened to me already at Galpin Lotus (Los Angeles). Galpin went from saying MSRP, to a phone call a few days later after my deposit to tell me they were changing that to "MSRP + Market Price Adjustment". So, earlier today I reached Laura & asked her to give me a more solid commitment in writing from a manager, owner, etc. She said she would contact her boss, make sure on it, and get back to me soon.

Within a few hours she called me to let me know that her boss wouldn't do MSRP, and instead it's MSRP plus market adjustment. The adjustment would be based on however the market looks at the time of things being finalized. To me it felt like there was a lack of policy & communication from those above her, and maybe things had changed in the past days since her boss has seen the demand. Who knows. In any case, she apologized and asked if I would like to refund my deposit, which I did.

Sadly this isn't at all surprising for the Los Angeles/OC markets. My Emira will come from elsewhere.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
676 Posts
Unfortunately, don't bother with Eurocar / Lotus of Orange County (CA) if you want MSRP. Leesfer, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I've previously spoken with Laura too, she is the only one handling Lotus sales there. She had originally told me in email that the price would be MSRP. I then put a deposit down last week, and had a nice single digit # on the wait list. I had to cancel it today.

I started to have an uneasy feeling given what happened to me already at Galpin Lotus (Los Angeles). Galpin went from saying MSRP, to a phone call a few days later after my deposit to tell me they were changing that to "MSRP + Market Price Adjustment". So, earlier today I reached Laura & asked her to give me a more solid commitment in writing from a manager, owner, etc. She said she would contact her boss, make sure on it, and get back to me soon.

Within a few hours she called me to let me know that her boss wouldn't do MSRP, and instead it's MSRP plus market adjustment. The adjustment would be based on however the market looks at the time of things being finalized. To me it felt like there was a lack of policy & communication from those above her, and maybe things had changed in the past days since her boss has seen the demand. Who knows. In any case, she apologized and asked if I would like to refund my deposit, which I did.

Sadly this isn't at all surprising for the Los Angeles/OC markets. My Emira will come from elsewhere.
That blows! I was going to buy a Supra a bit before the pandemic, the dealership called me and told me one would be arriving at the dealership in a few days and if I wanted it held. I told them yes hold it for me please. I get a phone call that its currently being detailed and looked over and if I wanted to pop in and check it out, to which I said hell yeah. I get over there and I'm in the maintenance bay looking it over with the salesman and I say lets get the deal done, and he slides in there that the price we discussed over the phone (msrp) had an additional 10k market value added onto it. I stared at him for about 5 seconds and said thanks for wasting my time and left. That vehicle sat in the dealership floor for over a year before it finally sold. I laughed every day I drove by it and saw it sitting there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I've got Eurocar confirming my car would be MSRP on email so if they decide to go back on that then I just will get my deposit back when the time comes. I don't need an Emira that badly. I'll go pick up a Z06 next year 🤷

·
Registered
263 Posts
Was back and forth on putting a deposit with Gator, my local (LV) dealership or both.

Feeling better about my decision to go with Gator only given their honor and position.

The deposit form for LV said they intend to sell at msrp. I think that means it depends where things are at when they come out. And also said that $10k deposits may get preference over $2.5k deposits. Just tell me what the rules are if you want me to play the game.

Gator 👍

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
* Emira Deposit Form Update *

We have created an online signup form! If you are interested in putting a deposit down for an Emira, please fill out the online form below and we will contact you!

please not that Lotus Cars USA is now requiring we have a copy of your driver's license to submit your order. If we already are holding your Emira Deposit, please be on the look out for an email from us by the end of the day today

Ok well this is all getting confusing.
I have a deposit with Galpin but wasn’t told about market adjustment …..

Gator are you guys offering MSRP!

Has anyone moved their deposit to Gator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Gator Motorsport form linked states "THE VEHICLE DESCRIBED ABOVE WILL BE SOLD ACCORDING TO THE MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICING (MSRP). GATOR MOTORSPORT GUARANTEES THAT THERE WILL BE NO PRICE MARK-UPS BEYOND MSRP, NOR ANY ADDITIONAL DEALER-ORIGINATED FEES APPLIED TO THE TRANSACTION (SERVICES, ARRANGEMENT, ADMINISTRATIVE, ETC). HOWEVER, THIS STATEMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO TAXES OWED, TITLING/REGISTRATION COSTS, OR CHARGES AND AMOUNTS PAID TO OTHERS ON THE PURCHASER'S BEHALF. "

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the part clearly saying “ There will be no markups beyond MSRP and we do not charge you any hidden fees (Services / Arrangement / Administrative)!”

Thank you!

!! Lotus Emira Deposit Update !!

Updated guidelines have been set for the dealer network by Lotus Cars USA/UK which now requires a minimum deposit of $2,500 for your reservation to be considered valid.

If you were an early adopter and Gator Motorsport is already holding your deposit, congratulations, you are grandfathered in and no further action is required!

Please make note that the remainder of our deposit process still remains the same, simple and worry-free. Your deposit is fully refundable up until the time we confirm with you and place your vehicle specification on order with Lotus Cars USA. As our standard business practice, any funds received as a deposit will be applied as a credit towards the final purchase price. There will be no markups beyond MSRP and we do not charge you any hidden fees (Services / Arrangement / Administrative)!

We know when it comes to acquiring your new Lotus, you have many options as to where you purchase your vehicle. Thank you for your business and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

If you would like more information on our deposit process or to secure your spot, please email [email protected] and [email protected] or call (855) 428-6767

·
Registered
8 Posts

Awww damn, knew it was too good to be true...No way they would go from "I have no info about the markup" to "no markup!" all of a sudden. I guess it's back to either Redwood or Los Gatos.

Was back and forth on putting a deposit with Gator, my local (LV) dealership or both.

Feeling better about my decision to go with Gator only given their honor and position.

The deposit form for LV said they intend to sell at msrp. I think that means it depends where things are at when they come out. And also said that $10k deposits may get preference over $2.5k deposits. Just tell me what the rules are if you want me to play the game.

Gator 👍
When you say your local dealer, you mean Las Vegas right? I actually called them the other day and they said the person handling the Emira was busy and to leave my info, ofc they never got back to me.

And lol at them having two different deposit amounts...like really?? 'Hey if you deposit more than you can skip the line and get your car faster!', well it is Vegas after-all so money talks I guess. Just seems to be a free-for-all out there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would have originally preferred to just go with my local dealer, Lotus of Bellevue (Park Place Ltd), Washington state. I spoke with a guy named Monte and at first he seemed a bit uninterested in the conversation, but he got better as it went on, I guess. Quoted a $2500 deposit and gave as much info as he knew.
I texted him later and he said he was wrong about the deposit and it was actually $5000. That just put all kinds of things in my head and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Called Las Vegas and talked to a guy named Steve. Seemed much more friendly, had a bit more info and quoted $2500 down. I texted him a couple more questions after the phone call and... Crickets.

Someone on the forum mentioned Gator and I was hesitant because now I'll be paying a couple grand for shipping from Indiana, but I'm telling you, customer service (I worked with Allison) wasn't even in the same ballpark as the other two dealers. I had absolutely no reservations about putting my deposit down with Gator, even if I do end up spending a bit more for shipping. It's just peace of mind I have someone who doesn't play games and is always available. Allison even answered an email well past her working hours!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got a similar run around at Glenview. I was actually considering purchasing a 2021 Evora GT to replace my 2018 Evora 400, and concurrently put a deposit on the Emira. So basically a $200K deal in one sitting. Was told $10K non-refundable deposit on the Emira, and then they said I was "ridiculous" and hung up the phone when I asked about an approximate trade-in value on the Evora GT I was considering for purchase. To be fair when I complained to the Sales Manager Dominick, he was apologetic for their rudeness. I continue to use and respect their Service. Will not buy a car here. They seem to think Lotus buyers "grow on trees.

On the other hand, Tony at Gator has been completely upfront and very helpful, and frankly I asked him the same question about the Evora GT and trade. I have had a deposit on the Emira since mid-May with Gator, and am confident that the deal will be handled fairly and honestly.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds like we all are a bunch of fans of Gator. I looked back and ordered parts from them for my past Exige and had positive experiences with their parts department as well.

As I said, feel good that I made the right decision to go with Gator, even if I'll have to ship halfway across the country.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gator has way too many pre-orders by now though. Anyone trying to place an order with them at this point isn't getting a car until well into 2023, and definitely not a First Edition

·
Registered
263 Posts
Gator has way too many pre-orders by now though. Anyone trying to place an order with them at this point isn't getting a car until well into 2023, and definitely not a First Edition
Given that nobody knows how allocations will work, it's possible someone today that gets (guessing) spot 70 at Gator will get their car before spot 10 at one of the smaller dealers. I don't think it's fair to say the above.

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
That may or may not be true, based on how Gator described the allocations and deposits. And I haven't seen any concrete info on the exact # of First Editions, aside from Lotus only expecting to send ~570 to the US in 22, but they also indicated they could add 1 or 2 more shifts to increase production numbers if warranted. It's probably also why Lotus refined their deposit requirements with the dealers, so that they can get a more accurate count on expectations.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
676 Posts
Keep in mind some may not want the first editions or they may want the 4 banger and move that allocation to the right.

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
Keep in mind some may not want the first editions or they may want the 4 banger and move that allocation to the right.
From the various videos and interviews, I think the "First Editions" will comprise both the initial V6s in the first half of next year, and then the initial I4s in the later half/beginning of 23.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Given that nobody knows how allocations will work, it's possible someone today that gets (guessing) spot 70 at Gator will get their car before spot 10 at one of the smaller dealers. I don't think it's fair to say the above.
The thing is that every other dealer also has 50+ preorders, too... and they all claim to be in the top 5volume dealers, so who knows what to believe? Lotus of Bellevue had 60 preorders a couple days ago already. That number is probably reaching 100 at this point.

Even if they add a second shift and double the US allotment, there are still at least a thousand pre-orders more than that already.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How many here want the AMG 4 without the manual? I doubt many of the pre-orders are for this version, but I really don't know the real numbers. From the sounds of dealerships I've spoken to the interest in the AMG engine is in the single digits.

From what I understand from some videos (Goodwood in particular) the First Edition is only the V6 anyway

·
Registered
51 Posts
Also a lot can change after pricing is released. I’m pretty sure some of those deposits still think the V6 manual is going to be around $60,000– U.S. Dollars.

I left a deposit 2 days after the announcement. But I still have a lot riding on my purchase like whether my ideal configuration will be in my budget. The car could be $85k but the Seneca Blue could cost $5000 and the forged wheels could be $4000. Plus other options we may not know about yet. If I’m paying close to $100k for a car I want it to be exactly how I want it of course.

81 - 100 of 208 Posts