The Lotus Cars Community banner
121 - 140 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh give it a rest buddy. You want us all to bow at your feet or something? Already seeing the people who haven’t ever owned one, already know everything about them. May be my time to just delete my account and enjoy the days that once were, constructive talk about modifications and or performance upgrades and the hard data behind them, seem gone and all the super knowledgeable guys who have contributed a ton and gone out on a limb and done some crazy risky awesome developments. Not how do you install a front license plate and or open the gas cap, from people who have not only never owned one of the 3 e’s, but probably haven’t ever even driven one. Sad.
Wow... You sure make coming to the brand enticing. It appears you joined 5 whole months ago?

I assume the license plate comment was about my post? If it was, I wasn't asking how to install a front plate. Come on guy...

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
206 Posts
If you look at the Google sheet that @WMBL put together, there's more than a handful (myself included) that are opting for the I4+DCT. I already have a V6 manual Evora, and am not replacing it. Percentage-wise, it might be in the single digits, but I have a feeling it'll even itself out once pricing is revealed.
Indeed. The reservation tracker thread and its accompanying spreadsheet include charts (see the charts tab) revealing percentages for all the various options. At the time of this post, it looks like an even 20% of Lotus Talk members (counting 45 instances of reservation data) are opting for the I4+DCT.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry but I just don't see lotus only offering a manual v6 option in only the launch edition cars. The goodwood article is the only source that is claiming this and as far as I'm concerned is a rumor

·
Registered
21 Posts
I guess we will see.

Considering that the 2GR-FE is pretty much out of production (outside of a single Asian-market van), it's likely that Lotus doesn't have access to them anymore anyway. The last inventory that they have gets thrown into the First Editions and then it's all AMG motor after that. Seems plausible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I posted the Goodwood press release article above that states exactly this:

"However, only the ‘First Edition’ range-topping cars will come with the old V6, with a new four-cylinder turbocharged engine joining the line-up and eventually replacing the V6 once those cars are sold."

Here is the link again if you want to read through it: This is the all-new Lotus Emira | GRR

It makes plenty of sense considering Lotus is moving away from ICE and are likely just getting rid of the last v6 motors they have around. Toyota themselves don't even use that V6 anymore outside of extremely specific Asian-market vans.
I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think the Goodwood site info comes from Lotus directly and is more of a journalist/writer making articles for the Goodwood website. The article says the Emira will come with driving modes, but it won't; the Tour vs Sport setups are factory tuned and set tires, not drive modes from adaptive dampers. Also, the writing style isn't like a press release at all.

With that, I wouldn't be surprised if they misinterpreted Lotus and they could sell the V6 past the First Editions. Many Emira articles and videos, even from usual journalists and publications, have gotten incorrect or misinterpreted info. Especially in regards to what the 360-400 horsepower range is and how it applies to the V6 vs i4.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is all speculation for sure. I'd be very happy to be wrong and find out the V6 will be plentiful... because if not then I likely wont be able to get one myself between dealer mark ups and being #20 on a pre order list.

·
Registered
21 Posts
"We've got five years for it" is pretty vague. That could mean anything, and not necessarily that they will be selling new models with a V6 for the next 5 years.

However, this is the first I've read that the future performance versions are planned and named already... and planned with the AMG engine...

Very interesting.

·
Wow Such Admin
6,959 Posts
^ Nice find. I knew that car didn't have an engine. It was way too suspect of a setup. Glad everyone here jumped to dismiss what I had to say because I didn't already own a Lotus, though.

Nice to see that rear hatch opened though, to get an idea of what the space there looks like.
Oh give it a rest buddy. You want us all to bow at your feet or something? Already seeing the people who haven’t ever owned one, already know everything about them. May be my time to just delete my account and enjoy the days that once were, constructive talk about modifications and or performance upgrades and the hard data behind them, seem gone and all the super knowledgeable guys who have contributed a ton and gone out on a limb and done some crazy risky awesome developments. Not how do you install a front license plate and or open the gas cap, from people who have not only never owned one of the 3 e’s, but probably haven’t ever even driven one. Sad.
Yeah that sounds good. Let me know when you're ready.
Wow... You sure make coming to the brand enticing. It appears you joined 5 whole months ago?

I assume the license plate comment was about my post? If it was, I wasn't asking how to install a front plate. Come on guy...
Chill out guys, not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
68 Posts
According to the live video of revealing Emira, the blue vehicle was moving slowly at least from the behind the big screen to the front of the big screen after the dark grey vehicle making loud V6 revving sound and getting around the main stage where the journalists were standing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lotus Cars US has implemented a process to "validate" & track Emira reservation deposits across the dealer network. This system will both prevent duplicate deposits placed with multiple dealerships and help Lotus US/UK set expectations for both production numbers & dealer allocations. Official allocation numbers have not been established and will most likely be adjusted due to the current demand. Originally only 570 Emira were expected to be allocated to North America for the first year of production. However, the Emira took off much better than expected and there are already discussions of adding a 2nd & possibly 3rd shift to factory production so that the demand can be fulfilled.

It's also likely that a number of reservation deposits will be cancelled over the next year as pricing/performance figures have yet to be announced, customers grow impatient to receive their car, personal reasons/events happen, etc. If you've already placed a deposit, its likely that you'll move up in line from this factor alone. If you want an Emira within the next year or so, you'll need to secure your place as soon as possible then be ready to wait it out just a little bit longer than those that came before you!

- Tony
Interesting info, thanks for sharing. When pricing (and ADMs) are announced, I imagine there will be a lot of jockeying around and swapping deposits from the ADM to the MSRP dealers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
FYI Eurocar in Orange County has decided to walk back on their promise of MSRP.

I've cancelled my order, don't need one of these badly enough to pay a mark up. I'll wait for the Emira R

·
Registered
68 Posts
According to UK forum, Matt Windle himself claimed Goodwood’s statement is incorrect in one of the Facebook groups

·
Registered
2022 Lotus Emira
17 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just placed a deposit with Allison. When/if the Emira makes a show tour around the US, and if it stops by Gator, who's up for a meetup in Indianapolis? It's been years since I've visited and I'd love to see it again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think the Goodwood site info comes from Lotus directly and is more of a journalist/writer making articles for the Goodwood website. The article says the Emira will come with driving modes, but it won't; the Tour vs Sport setups are factory tuned and set tires, not drive modes from adaptive dampers. Also, the writing style isn't like a press release at all.

With that, I wouldn't be surprised if they misinterpreted Lotus and they could sell the V6 past the First Editions. Many Emira articles and videos, even from usual journalists and publications, have gotten incorrect or misinterpreted info. Especially in regards to what the 360-400 horsepower range is and how it applies to the V6 vs i4.
There's picture of the drive mode selector inside the car. Almost guarantees variation in stiffness of the suspension for cars with and without the "track" package of sorts

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
There's picture of the drive mode selector inside the car. Almost guarantees variation in stiffness of the suspension for cars with and without the "track" package of sorts
That could also just be their new switch for the "Sport" or "Race" modes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Heads up, I called Lotus Manhattan Motorcars NYCity, and was told that final pricing with a deposit will be based upon and determined by "highest bidder" market demand. Meaning, if you are a deposit holder that waited a year or so, when your Car arrives Lotus Manhattan will then let you know what the dealer markup will be. The Stealership disclosed that it may be as high as $25K over window sticker.

This is their position as of July 23rd.

121 - 140 of 208 Posts