The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my choice.. Erie Insurance took it away... totaled. (see tow hook picture:(..)
I've got her replacement.... (see avatar)
I'm posting these pics because the car is very drivable and will show up again.
I would have fixed it myself, but Maryland has just inacted a salvage title law that would make me jump through too many hoops.
It was totaled and it would cost 44k to put back together.

I think I will miss the Krypton Green, but I've had 2 yellow vehicles in my past that I loved..... a 1973 340 'cuda and a 2000 Dodge Ram Sport.

In my lurking days I was asking opinions on the California's.. I got mostly negative feedback..But now as a owner (for 3 months) and a driver (for 3 weeks, before the damage) I'm glad I had the chance to get the car I first wanted.

Yes! I am considering painting the grill black... and yes, I'm aware that the sill is going to be a pain to keep clean..

So now we have two members of the Cali-Cartel, Me and Moto 44... anyone want to join? Red ones are welcome!!!

Thanks, Catbird

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope I can keep the secret decoder ring..:confused:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You save that pic waiting for me to post!!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,872 Posts
:(

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel the same way... My wife gave me a 1/18 scale KG Elise for Christmas... forever in my heart and on my shelf..:(

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The bald tires came with the car.
The damage happened before I had a chance to get new tires or my maryland inspection... :(
At that point I wasn't about to put tires on it before I knew her fate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.