The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RegisteredUser of a Lotus
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time no speak which isnt always a bad thing! I hope everyone is doing ok with this corona virus going around. That said, i got the new LED taillights from gregs race parts and they look fantastic. Unfortunately I have a hyper flash issue since I disabled the day time running lights. Has anyone come up with a better solution than putting in resistors on the lights? When I had my Honda CBR 1000rr years back I was able to resolve the hyperflash issue by installing a relay designed to correct this. I see them on ebay and was wondering if maybe installing that between the two wires that were disconnected for the DRL would resolve the issue? Has anyone tried this or come up with a different solution? Thanks!

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and he was gracious enough to package them and send them to me. I am expecting them next week but I was curious if there was a better solution, one that did not rely on resisters and splicing wires.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
It depends on how you disabled the DRLs, but what I did was instead of just unplugging the two wired plug in the passenger foot well, I unpinned the wire that was specifically for the DRL, leaving the resistance of the turn signals as stock. If I recall, one wire in that plug is black/pink and one is yellow/black, and only one needs to be disconnected for the DRLs. Just use the stock resistance in the car, so long as you didn’t just cut the plug off.

EDIT: it is the yellow/black wire that needs to be disconnected for the DRLs to be disabled, from what I could find in post #185 in the DRL thread.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
FWIW My 2011 S needed the resistor even with no DRL disable/etc.
Out of curiosity, was that resistor to fix the hyper blink or to fix the ABS issue? My 2013 NA didn’t like the resistance of the GT GRP lights (the V2 lights) and I got an ABS light, but the blinkers were fine. I needed a resistor to be able to drive the car. Also, was your issue with the V1, V2 or the new V3?

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys and thanks for the responses! I’m going to try shadows idea tomorrow and report my findings! I currently have the v3 lights on. But I had the same issue with the v2’s. Fortunately the abs issue you are reporting did not happen!

·
Registered
460 Posts
On my MY12S, disabled DRL by simple unplug of wire in passenger footwell. Then, fixed rapid blinking by wiring bulb into tailights (using center empty socket of tailight). Simple to do, no resistor needed, and plus of having additional bulb ( used orange colored bulb) in tailights. Search forum should garner specific info.

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RESOLVED: I followed shadows instruction and can confirm that if you unpin the yellow and black wire it will disable the DRL’s without affecting the signal lights! Thanks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts