The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Lotus Enthusiasts:

I really hesitated before logging on and sending this message to you all, but I must say that the salesman who by and large are younger then me and watch this web site as well as others that I do not, have kept bringing different messages over and over to my attention and I felt compelled to respond.

With exception, I find the majority of you short on facts and long on conspiricy theories. First off, why don't some of you come on in here, see and experience the automobile and get first hand answers to some of your questions. Secondly, we will have a demo on sight for not only the first 90 days but for the fore-seeable future. Thirdly, the Krypton green Elise on our website was ordered as a yellow car by the customer and due to Lotus still working out some initial glitches inadvertently came in the Krypton green. Certainly the customer was offered the vehicle first at MSRP and, not that it's any of your business, but I paid the man a profit in order to satisfy him for his inconvenience. Fourthly, the blue car that is in our inventory, I elected to purchase at a substantial cost over list at a public auction. Any of you would have had the same opportunity.

In closing, we are running a business here guys and are attempting to generate a profit on things we are trying to sell. For those of you living at home, this is a foreign concept. For those of you in the "real world" I'm sure you can appreciate that warehousing 7 million dollars in exotic cars in the heart of the midwest snowbelt is a rather tricky and costly endeavor. As with all commercial ventures, the market is driven by the buying public.. not the other way around. Ask too much for the product or service and the people won't buy. Mine industry is one of leveling out the prices of all of the products sold to cover an overhead and to generate a profit. I am not expecting any crocodile tears, just giving those of you who need it a rudimentary Economics 101 lesson. Fox Valley Motorcars strives to satisfy each and every customer. By the way, to end this speculation per Lotus, I will only receive 40 Elise's by 10/31/04 with there following production schedule not yet ironed out. We have currently 198 Lotus Elise orders not counting the two that have been delivered. My goal is to fairly service and fill every one of them at MSRP. Purchased cars, cancelled orders, and cars I scrounge up around the country will sell at a premium.

I again sincerely invite each and every one of you to stop by our dealership for more information and an opportunity to test drive our demo. I typed this response not in anger, but that straight facts will help to bring some clarity to the situation. I welcome your emails to my direct, personal email address of [email protected]. My phone number is 630.231.3400.

Sincerely,

Frank E. Baginski
-General Sales Manager

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
40 elises by Halloween is pretty good. Hopefully most of the dealers are getting 40/50 by end of December. Being #28, this is good news.

thanks, Frank for the post.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Same here, thanks Frank, I think you make some very important points. Please keep in mind that a lot of us have been waiting a very long time and are just a bit on edge, jumping at every rumor that we come across. Better communications all the way around will go a long way toward improving everyone's attitude ;)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Frank, thank you for stepping forward to clarify the situation. As always, there's two sides to every story and I'm glad that you've decided to share yours with us. I think it makes the situation with Fox Valley Motor Cars much more clear.

Additionally, I applaude your decision to monetarily compensate your customer (who waited for a yellow Elise) instead of simply stating, "That's the breaks. Take it or leave it..." As you so astutely indicated, customer service is a key aspect of doing business... especially in the exotic car market.

Bob

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
shay2nak said:
40 elises by Halloween is pretty good. Hopefully most of the dealers are getting 40/50 by end of December. Being #28, this is good news.

thanks, Frank for the post.
Shoot, now I'm worried that if those guys will have 40+ by the end of the year, that you and I at DE are gonna wait FOREVER.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Fair enough Frank.

It is interesting to note that you have declared your allocation yet most dealers refuse to...

You honour MSRP , yet many dealers gouge.

You tell the truth, yet many dealers lie.

You are well informed yet many dealers are brainless dolts.

You appear on this board, yet many dealers are still slithering about beneath their rock.

You can clearly count, many dealers can't.

You, sir have a backbone... yet many dealers do not.

If your allocation reflects upon my dealer equally then I should have car by mid Q3... so why won't they tell me that? I'm sure I don't need to speculate on that one...

Most around here are considerably better informed than the dealers (technically in the extreme) but when dealers deliberately misinform to draw attention away from their "one for you two for us" policies then people do get kinda cranky.

Nobody really minds dealers making a FAIR buck... it's when it gets unfair that we get mightily pissed. There is margin in the car and plenty of margin in cars you can "scrounge up" - and good luck to you in that respect. There is no real need to screw the punters so overtly. Marketing 101... and all that.

With comedians like Nick at Symbolic swaggering around the place basically saying "screw you lot, my mates and I are gonna get rich/happy" you have to expect people to be sensitive.

There's making money and then there' f*cking people over...

Frankly I'm sick of the whole Lotus experience this time.... my 2nd time around. I talk to my dealer regularly... and get... next to nothing. In fact I've learned more from your mail than my dealer.

I think we all knew that car dealers are a different form of life to Homosapien; I think I've just been surprised how many have barely made it out of the dirt. It's nice to find a reasonable dealer and you certainly qualify in that respect, it's a pity that so many of your brethren sour the mix.

:confused:

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Off-topic. Frank, you ought to consult spell-check before making a public statement like this. Also, have someone else in your organization read it so that your tone doesn't come off as offensive. You're running a business "driven by the buying public" after all. You wouldn't want to piss your customers off by sounding condescending, would you?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Little known fact, but car salesman are closely related to the subspecies lawyerus sharkus. The main difference is that car salesman weren't smart enough to pass the bar and lawyers claim to have a code of ethics, it's just a little different from mine.

I applaud Frank for being willing to post here and provide information.

I'm glad that he and others did so well in Economics 101. Too bad they failed Ethics 101 and took an incomplete in Morality 101.

I suppose that I should stock up on bottled water and set up my stand after the next earthquake so that I can take advantage of supply and demand. I know it's not quite the same thing, but you get the point.

·
Registered
970 Posts
personally, why are people still whining about Franks post??. I see nothing wrong with what he did and frankly, no matter what he said(short of "all you mofos get a new Elise for free") I think there will always be some that see the glass as half empty and never give anyone the benefit of the doubt. Granted, that some salespeople are jerks but we have that in every field. He took the time to try to explain himself on here and we should cut the guy some slack. In your line of work, do you do it for free(well I do sometimes...:))???

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Certainly can't blame Frank for being upset, hell, people have been essentially slamming his dealership with little/no info to go on.

Cars are making it to dealers and buyers and yet still people continue to piss/moan about everything under the sun.

Chris:(

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
transio said:
Off-topic. Frank, you ought to consult spell-check before making a public statement like this. Also, have someone else in your organization read it so that your tone doesn't come off as offensive. You're running a business "driven by the buying public" after all. You wouldn't want to piss your customers off by sounding condescending, would you?
I have to agree with Transio on this one. Run-on sentences and a tone that sounded condescending.

I didn't know anything about Fox Valley, nor did I really care, until this post was made. I *JUST* saw the other post about e-bay, demo car.. yada yada.. probably would have been better to attach your posting to that thread. Breaking it out makes it confusing.

And what in the world does this mean?
In closing, we are running a business here guys and are attempting to generate a profit on things we are trying to sell. For those of you living at home, this is a foreign concept. For those of you in the "real world" I'm sure you can appreciate that warehousing 7 million dollars in exotic cars in the heart of the midwest snowbelt is a rather tricky and costly endeavor.
Living at home? Making a profit? REAL WORLD?? :huh:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Can't we just get back to slamming Lotus Admin?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Frank B said:
Fourthly, the blue car that is in our inventory, I elected to purchase at a substantial cost over list at a public auction. Any of you would have had the same opportunity.
Yeah, I was going to go to that auction too, but something came up...

;)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Geez - I would say at least 50% of posts have spelling errors - give the guy a break. I think on the one hand it is commendable (?spelling ) to come out in the open and try and clear things up, but on the other hand why did it take so long???

Most importantly though - OMG I ordered saffron yellow - does that mean my car may have been painted green as well???:huh: :huh: :eek: I would be more than a little pissed...

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
ivan1 said:
I would say at least 50% of posts have spelling errors
In my opinion, a post by a business to its biggest online audience is essentially an informal press release. In addition, the condescending tone is laughable to me considering the poorly structured post and the fact that he's essentially addressing his customers. Personally, I could care less. I was just offering the guy some advice.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts