The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Restoring a car in Pa/Nj/Md/De/Ny and maybe Ct.

Special offer to Lotustalkers, I have a soda blasting business in the Philly region and can give you a deal. If you are restoring a car and want the paint completely removed in a couple hours, we can help. I use a Problast CRS and a 185cfm diesel compressor. You'll have a clean bare surface ready for primer/paint afterwards. I can come to your location or we can a arrange a place for you to bring the car. We also do building restoration blasting.

For those not familiar, soda is completely water soluble. They have demo video's on ProBlast Soda and Sand Blasting Equipment and Supplies for the Coating Removal Industry. Wood, Disaster and Flood damage restoration. Mold and Graffiti removal It's great on fiberglass, metal, glass, and concrete and is safe on chrome and rubber. Below are some recently completed vehicles. Minnis Media Blasting - Home for more information.

·
Registered
873 Posts
The before pic wasn't that bad. Should have left the banana boat alone. Did you strip the car down to blast then reassemble on the after pic?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I just blasted it. Afterwards I blew it off with with my media turned off and then wiped the interior down. It was in good shape before but the owner didn't like the color- going red. I did under the hood and trunk and door jambs as well. We were thinking it was original paint but with the paint off we could see all the previous repairs and patches. I'm blasting our Bugeye this week and will post the results. I'm going to use sand on the rust areas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts