The Lotus Cars Community banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Cafe77, not sure about that.

I know a lot of people are doing instrument cluster face swaps with good results. Is there a "master" thread on the one people are doing most commonly? Is there someone doing this as a service?

Still happy with converting to the actual black instrument cluster, but with the cost and time to make the harness, I think the pics of the face-swap looked pretty good.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts

·
Like a Bosch!
19 Posts
Hi MTribe,

I'm considering this swap for my future (not yet purchased) '07 Exige s.

Reading through the swap thread it seems the list to complete the swap is as follows:

1) Procure 08+ cluster
2) transfer the mileage on the odo? (Lotus dealer?) - maybe this step is last. It wasn't clear how to accomplish this.
3) reflash ecu from BOE for "black dash"
4) procure wire harness connectors / adapter for plug and play.
5) install new cluster with wire harness adapter

If this is correct, can you help me with the wire harness connectors / adapter for the plug and play and maybe some advice for the odo ?

If it's not correct do you mind bringing me to to speed on the correct process? Thanks!

·
Like a Bosch!
19 Posts
Hi MTribe,

Reading through the swap thread it seems the list to complete the swap is as follows:

1) Procure 08+ cluster
2) transfer the mileage on the odo? (Lotus dealer?) - maybe this step is last. It wasn't clear how to accomplish this.

If this is correct, can you help me with the wire harness connectors / adapter for the plug and play and maybe some advice for the odo ?

If it's not correct do you mind bringing me to to speed on the correct process? Thanks!
Bump, still hoping for an answer 🙂

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am interested in making this update as part of an effort to upgrade a 2007 Exige with the 2008+ ECU and traction control. I'm willing to pay money to vendors for parts or to build adapters myself. I am also very interested in hearing from anyone that has an install to learn from.

An article from the Lotus Engineering magazine on the LVLC and LTC. Pretty sure the LVTC is Lotus Variable Traction Control. There is a round knob on the left side of the steering column on cars that are equipped with it to control the yaw angle.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CJ5IfSoml5S40AlhnnGgAjl3NxrbFkGd/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
626 Posts
the simplest way to test it would be with the correct car that can generate control signals.

otherwise, a CAN interface and appropriate software could be used to check its speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, water temperature, MIL and oil light functions. other signals are needed for the other lights too.

·
Like a Bosch!
19 Posts
Hi MTribe,

1) Procure 08+ cluster

Bump, still hoping for an answer 🙂

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sorry for not being active, schedule should be easing up a bit... yes that sounds correct though I don’t think you can change cluster mileage (though I haven’t looked into it, maybe you can?). I was going to post the schematic I drew in case that’s helpful to anyone.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts