The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying a used Elise within the next few months.
I have seen a few great examples on the market, which meet all of my requirements except for LSS.

Has anyone retrofitted the LSS, on an Elise?
This may simply be a change of dampers, wheels, and tires; but I'm concerned that there may be other components that I'm not aware of.
Are there any other suspension components in LSS, in addition to the dampsers, wheels, and tires?

The Sport Pack contains the following, I'm only concerned with the suspension at the moment.
· Sport Pack
Lightweight Forged Silver Alloy Wheels (6J x 16 front 195/50 R16, 7.5J x 17 rear 225/45 R17) with Yokohama AD07 Advan LTS Tires and Lotus Sport Tuned Suspension. Twin Oil Coolers. Traction Control. ProBax™ Sport seats in cloth (unless combined with Touring Pack). Removes approximately 20 lbs. from curb weight.
-http://www.lotuscars.com/elise.html#options​

P.S. I was sure this topic would have come up before; however my searches didn't return what I was looking for.
If this has been covered in a prior thread, please point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I bought the coilovers and wheels and put them on my car. I am only missing an oil cooler.

The seats are a new addition. The '06 Sport Pack cars came with regular seats.

Just buy with the Sport Pack. Also, buy some base wheels for street use and save the rubber on your LSS wheels for the track.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the cost of the sport pack from the dealer, it's likely cheaper than buying all of the parts separately.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
The information you quoted from Lotus doesn't apply to all years. Are you looking at a used Elise? If so what year?

The sport pack also includes dual oil coolers (unless you are looking at an early '05 when all cars had dual oil coolers).

Until recently, the sport pack had wider front wheels and A048 tires, not the AD07s.

Unless you are concerned about long-term authenticity, you might be better off buying one of the adjustable coil-over suspensions and whatever light weight wheels you prefer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts