The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well crap.

1: I thought the lid was hinged. Now it flew I don't know where. Awesome.

2: Fuse is good, and now I have a CEL tonight. Will get code pulled tomorrow, but any other ideas than fuse?
Okay. Got a new lid. The BMW part number threw me for a bit of a loop.

The fuse is good, the CEL wound up being for Cam Position Sensor excessively retarding timing. WTF?

Do these cam sensors typically go bad?

·
Registered
557 Posts
OK. Got my fix! Get this.

If your VVTi failed to work, but the car still started and ran, where would you look? That's right, the same place as all of us, the VVTI fuse!

...turns out the VVTi fuse doesn't control the VVTI solenoid. The VVTi Solenoid is controlled by the ECU fuse, and when the ECU fuse is blown, the car will still run! WTF, Over!?!

Park Place swapped the ECU fuse, car runs fine now. Just posting in case anyone else runs into this later...

·
Registered
139 Posts
There's a fuse for the VVTI solenoid? That might explain a lot. Where's it hiding?

I just got back from a trip, and my roommate came in and told me my car died when he went to put gas in it (he drove it while I was gone). Jumped the car, and now I have a soft limiter at 6200. Sounds like something popped when it jumpstarted to me... No good.
The blown fuse is the problem. Commonly blows if you jump start the car with jumper cables or boost with a big-ass commecial charger.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts