The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

This is my first car project I've ever done, and I think I am a bit stuck on the Rev400 install. This is right before the circulation pump is getting mounted. I connecting the supplied relay to the junction box, and am not 100% sure what to do with the single lead coming off of the relay. The instructions mention that it goes to the inertia switch. I've connected the other supplied connectors inline to the inertia switch, and am left with a single connector which I assume connects to that single lead.

I guess I am just not sure how I am supposed to connect the single lead into the connector.

And while I have you here, I just want to make sure this was the junction box the relay +/- attaches to. I feel confident that's the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Electrical stuff gives me the creeps.

Any help would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks!
Matt

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Howdy!

This is my first car project I've ever done, and I think I am a bit stuck on the Rev400 install. This is right before the circulation pump is getting mounted. I connecting the supplied relay to the junction box, and am not 100% sure what to do with the single lead coming off of the relay. The instructions mention that it goes to the inertia switch. I've connected the other supplied connectors inline to the inertia switch, and am left with a single connector which I assume connects to that single lead.

I guess I am just not sure how I am supposed to connect the single lead into the connector.
View attachment 1257999

And while I have you here, I just want to make sure this was the junction box the relay +/- attaches to. I feel confident that's the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Electrical stuff gives me the creeps.

View attachment 1258000

Any help would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks!
Matt
I added a couple of pictures that should help you with the electrical stuff, but you are on the right track. You have the right + and you need the - on the brown wire next to it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Those are deutsch connectors. There are several videos on youtube that show how to connect / disconnect those.
It doesn't matter which of the three ports the single wire goes to, they all go to the same place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy. Ran into something semi unrelated I think.

I've got the supercharger mounted and torqued down now and while I was under the car I noticed a cable with a free bracket dangling. It made me scratch my head because I don't recall removing this and it looks like it should be connected somewhere. Does anyone know what the heck this is? You can see the bracket freely hanging and I couldn't figure out where it went.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Looks a little like the throttle cable the goes on top by the throttle body, only if you have an 05 drive by cable? I have to replace my battery (05 with clam hinge) Today and will be able to look closer if you need a picture or help.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha. I bet that's exactly what it is. I had it up top and I bet it slid down. It just kinda scared me because I didn't remember unbolting anything under the car. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts