The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if I am missing something here, I'd like to verify some things on these hoses.

Looking at the picture below, the green arrow should be from the charcoal canister? I've deleted it so I was going to cap that one, which should be fine? The red one should be the vacuum line shown next to the barb? Though the hose seems a too small for that barb. The blue barb is for the PCV system but is obviously far too small for the stock hose. Am I maybe missing a hose that was supposed to come with the kit?

Hoping someone who has installed the Rev400 kit can chime in and give some advice on these hoses.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
On mine the red and blue are blocked off. The smaller of the two hoses is blocked at the valve cover and at the throttle body, the larger hose is hooked up to the catch can. That’s according to Boe instructions.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, interesting.

While I have plans to add a catch can, I don't currently have one. I am pretty confident that the green arrow can be capped with no charcoal canister.

I thought the red arrow was the brake booster, and would be mandatory. The fit is so tight for that to be the case, but maybe that's by design that it's super tight. As for the PCV (Blue arrow), without a catch can, it definitely seems like I was supposed to run a different hose to the manifold barb and the valve cover.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Here
Ah, interesting.

While I have plans to add a catch can, I don't currently have one. I am pretty confident that the green arrow can be capped with no charcoal canister.

I thought the red arrow was the brake booster, and would be mandatory. The fit is so tight for that to be the case, but maybe that's by design that it's super tight. As for the PCV (Blue arrow), without a catch can, it definitely seems like I was supposed to run a different hose to the manifold barb and the valve cover.
Here's a picture of mine. It's the REV 300 but that shouldn't make any difference. I also blocked off the PCV with the plates supplied from Boe.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect, seeing it makes way more sense. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts