The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post a good pic of it?

I searched and saw the one in the ignition, but not clear enough to see if it had the creature comforts like a lock and unlock button. from what i saw i like it :coolnana: unlike that horrible ass pre-2008 key and cobra fob, what the hell is that.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I searched and saw the one in the ignition, but not clear enough to see if it had the creature comforts like a lock and unlock button. from what i saw i like it :coolnana: unlike that horrible ass pre-2008 key and cobra fob, what the hell is that.
My pre-2008 fob has creature comforts like a lock and unlock button. And it's just a fob. It's one of the best designs I've ever seen. What's so terrible about it?

xtn

·
Registered
803 Posts
You have to be patient

Some of us prefer to be driving our 2008 Lotus. I just got finished putting 1000 miles on it in one week, with a trip up the Pacific Coast Highway yesterday!

Here is the picture. The Lotus Logo button locks the car, the second button unlocks the driver side first and second click the passenger side. I have not tried the panic button.

The effective distance is greater than the original system.

The key is almost four inches long, bigger and more awkward than it needs to be. It is hard to click the button if the key is in the ignition...

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i was looking for Sands, thanks. It is so much better then last setup, key seperate from the fob eww (now thats sexy xtn :cool:).

Sands where are you about in the S.F. Bay?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
(now thats sexy xtn :cool:).
I don't think so at all. I don't care for stuff that's dressed up without purpose. Just seems like "bling" to me.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind bling if it has a purpose. My wheels are red for example. But they've got a purpose, and the red is just color coordinating what's going to be there already for its purpose.

It's like jewelry. Sure, I like a certain style; so if I had to wear some I would pick a style I like. But fortunately I don't have to wear any. If it serves no purpose other than looks, then it generally won't look good to me.

xtn

·
Registered
244 Posts
BWR Uni-key is a good alternative to the Cobra fob. I ordered one last September and I'm going to order a second one soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I was about to ask why you would want to hit the button while the key was in the ignition, and then I remembered the immobilizer rearming. There are people out there who haven't turned that off?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think so at all. I don't care for stuff that's dressed up without purpose. Just seems like "bling" to me.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind bling if it has a purpose. My wheels are red for example. But they've got a purpose, and the red is just color coordinating what's going to be there already for its purpose.

It's like jewelry. Sure, I like a certain style; so if I had to wear some I would pick a style I like. But fortunately I don't have to wear any. If it serves no purpose other than looks, then it generally won't look good to me.
xtn
I just think that an intergrated key is more contemporary for todays automobiles, thats all...anyways what part of texas you in, i just left from el paso?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
On the north side of Dallas. Be careful in El Paso. There's a Red Roof Inn there that has trouble potential.

xtn

·
Registered
803 Posts
BlackWatch Racing key conversion

BlackWatch also supplies a conversion for our key that allows the immobilizer to be in the same housing as the key. Unfortunately it is also not as compact as I might like. It is thicker than I prefer and has hard edges. On the other hand it is smaller.

Both work but could benefit from being made smaller. For me, I do not like to carry anything in my pocket, and the smaller the package, the better. I definitely do not like the stock solution as it requires you carry two pieces!

Unfortunately the perfect solution has not been offered. I want to get in the car with an implicit key. The car recognizes the contents of my pocket and all I need to do is press the start button to be on my way.

Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Ha! I strongly dislike carrying anything in my pockets too (save for perhaps my winter jacket pockets). Luckily my new office uses a key card so the only key I have to carry is for whatever car I happen to be driving. Hence I'm allways misplacing my wallet, phone, etc. I really like the remote transponder keys a la the Audi S5 I'm driving this week, save for the fact that you still need to carry that "key" around. Now what really would be slick is if a cell phone could act as the transponder, or even a watch (not a $30k complication either).

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Ha! Now what really would be slick is if a cell phone could act as the transponder, or even a watch (not a $30k complication either).
Read recently that Audi is looking into an iphone type device (they may hook up with apple) that plugs into the dash and is the car remote, integrated phone, audio system and I think navigation, I'm not 100% sure but it may be available on the upcoming A1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On the north side of Dallas. Be careful in El Paso. There's a Red Roof Inn there that has trouble potential.

xtn
yeh i was there for two year and left, yeh there is definetly alot of trouble out there.......fun place to visit, horrible to live, there is no diversity at all.

I do like the carbon fiber loook on the black watch key fob.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Some of us prefer to be driving our 2008 Lotus. I just got finished putting 1000 miles on it in one week, with a trip up the Pacific Coast Highway yesterday!

Here is the picture. The Lotus Logo button locks the car, the second button unlocks the driver side first and second click the passenger side. I have not tried the panic button.

The effective distance is greater than the original system.

The key is almost four inches long, bigger and more awkward than it needs to be. It is hard to click the button if the key is in the ignition...

Michael
I like it!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts