The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Friends,

Just received my new ReVerie carbon fiber diffuser for my 2010 Elise. I noticed that the top side of the diffuser is a coated in a light grey. Is this heat-shielding??

Thanks!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yes it is. However, if your car is supercharged, fully catted, and with the rear panel in place (and you push the car reasonably hard), I would say the heat shielding they provide may not suffice. I would either wrap your exhaust or lay down additional Thermotec head padding to prevent heat damage and/or bubbling.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Exhaust wrapping does a wonderful job at keeping the heat inside the pipe.

I really like the ''lava'' rock wrap.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
i haven't had any issues with my reverie diffuser. I did paint the heatsheild section with high temp flat black paint. looks stealth. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, much apprecitiated! My car is a non-supercharged car with a completely stock rear end - except for the Lotus sport exahaust that the dealer had installed. Sounds like I should be ok!

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guys at sector 111 recommended that I use foil type shielding if I wanted to add some extra heat protection.

I ended up buying a material cold Reflect-A-Cool heat barrier that is supposed to withstand 2000 degrees Far. of radiant heat. It comes in sheets that I slimply cut to size and applied to the diffuser.

Anyone ever use this stuff before?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts