The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished this lil project. Not as easy as it might seem. Very light panels and quality is typical ReVerie. I could never finish it without Carls JackHelper (Thanx Carl). Sector 111 shipped it real quick using FedEx Home Delivery. Everything came in perfect condition.
The only issue is - i can no longer use the old jack points. Will have to do smth about it. Will prbly have to cut out holes in CF.
Sorry for bad pics. Didnt wash car for a while. Never took it the carwash and its too cold to do it by myself.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,045 Posts
Congrats...they look functional also.

Did you have to drill new holes or use existing holes.
Do you have pictures of the undertray?
Robert

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
they came with instructions? or did you bolt and double sided tape them on?

·
Registered
828 Posts
LOL double side tape! The weather stripping looks like the same junk they used for my side ducts. Probably better w/o em. I want them but not that happy with the design, and price. But I will get them, I am in too deep with Reverie parts.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You gotta drill holes into fiberglass and chassis and install rivnuts. Not possible unless you go out and buy this $100 tool. Not for sale in autoparts, sears, homedep, ace.
Lol at double-side tape.
The weather stripping is real crappy. Forget it if you want looks. Go for it if you need functionality.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I think I will bond mine on with black Sikaflex 1A caulk. I used it on my front splitter and side scoops and liked the way it worked out. Pretty sure it is the same rubbery black body panel adhesive that Lotus uses. It is easy to cut out and re-do. The rivnut thing is Ok with me too though. I used them for my rollcage front mounts. I really want to have a plate welded in for that though like the FFed 360 turbo car has.

·
Registered
566 Posts
You gotta drill holes into fiberglass and chassis and install rivnuts. Not possible unless you go out and buy this $100 tool. Not for sale in autoparts, sears, homedep, ace.
Lol at double-side tape.
The weather stripping is real crappy. Forget it if you want looks. Go for it if you need functionality.
What does the fiberglass part that you drilled into look like now that you're back to stock?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts