The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered last night. Got em early morning. Sector111 and FedEx rock!
:bow: to Abel and Shinoo

Still, something is missing...:shrug:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What kind of exhaust is that?

I love the diffuser!

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
It took me a while for that big arse wing to grow on me, but now I can't imagine my car any other way. Congrats and welcome to the Downforce club:up:

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I like the smaller version but strangely it costs the SAME price as the large one :shrug:
Structurally identical, except the smaller version is...well... smaller. It's just shorter end to end. When it's so close dimensionally, the difference in carbon fiber used is little. You're paying for the R&D, including wind tunnel time, and for great craftsmanship, autoclave costs, and high-end labor. All those things are the same whether the wing is big or little. The GBP is killing the USD right now, too. and the JPY isn't much better. :( We're fighting hard to look for ways to keep prices low.

Cade

·
Registered
933 Posts
I think your rear panel eliminator kit would look much better if painted satin or flat black. Check out mine on the "booty" thread.

Mike

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
That wing is both fast and furious.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Love the 3D spoiler except the end plates. I'd seriously consider taking them off and cutting them down to a more streamlined shape like the OEM spoiler. Also take a look at the angle on the spoiler.. Looks like it should be turned down a couple of degrees.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Structurally identical, except the smaller version is...well... smaller. It's just shorter end to end. When it's so close dimensionally, the difference in carbon fiber used is little. You're paying for the R&D, including wind tunnel time, and for great craftsmanship, autoclave costs, and high-end labor. All those things are the same whether the wing is big or little. The GBP is killing the USD right now, too. and the JPY isn't much better. :( We're fighting hard to look for ways to keep prices low.

Cade

If it's as effective as the claims on your site say, it's worth it :up:

Even the small one produces twice as much downforce as stock.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Nice. You are a brave man. Talking to Simon (owner of Reverie) I told him that the end plates look like artist palletes. As far as the I would be willing to bet money that the wing moves at high speed though. Reverie stuff is of great quality, but lately there designs don't do anything to make the car look any better. On the bright side, they work.

That being said, things don't have to be shaped THAT way to be functional. Aero tests are great, but there are no examples of what they tried and tested that didn't work.

I will buy Reverie parts still, but the aesthetics IMO are terrible.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
and dont forget the side skirts as well
It looks like he already has the side skirts.

I think you will have to do something with the front downforce, because it looks like you now have a LOT of downforce in rear with close to nothing up front...

There must be a reason why Lotus have balanced downforce on both Elise and Exige. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Gotta be cold outside to be doing that kind of work. lol
Car looks great.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts