The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for someone that has the reverie wing (1650mm) with the taller mounts (223mm instead of 93mm). I'm looking for feedback and for comments on rear visibility.

Thanks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm looking for someone that has the reverie wing (1650mm) with the taller mounts (223mm instead of 93mm). I'm looking for feedback and for comments on rear visibility.

Thanks.
All I can say is the rear visibility with the 93mm sucks! It wouldn't take too much more height for the rear visibility to be improved, and I think the 223mm would allow for ample visibility. I'm also trying to get a set of taller mounts...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made a cardboard wing and and mounts to test the different options. With the 93mm mounts the wing is right in the top 2/3 of the rear view mirror. With the 230mm mounts I couldn't see the wing at all.

Worst case scenario, the very top of the rear view mirror is gonna obstructed by the wing. So this is good.

Shinoo said he didn't sell any wing with the tall mounts yet. I'll be the first! The taller mounts give more DF with less drag. The penalty is more rear bias. So I'll probably just run with less AoA until I get canards or add more rake.

In any case, having some understeer in the fast sweeper is not "bad". In fact, most time trialers I know actually run faster in cars with high speed understeer.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait... people actually look out the rear window? Oh... Elise owners, gotcha.
rotfl

Yep and i am trying my best to keep what little visibility I have. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts