The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I've searched the forum for a while now looking for a review on these seats and have come up short.

Can anyone provide feedback on these seats? I'm looking at replacing my seats, but need to be able use a HANS device. From what I understand, that will rule out the factory seats and the ReVerie Mulsanne (although ReVerie claims that all their seats are HANS compatible, I've heard that the HANS will hit the seat). The XC looks like my only other option aside from the Recaro. I just wanted to make an educated decision before dropping $2,000 on a seat.

Thanks.

- Reg

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well, I've searched the forum for a while now looking for a review on these seats and have come up short.

Can anyone provide feedback on these seats? I'm looking at replacing my seats, but need to be able use a HANS device. From what I understand, that will rule out the factory seats and the ReVerie Mulsanne (although ReVerie claims that all their seats are HANS compatible, I've heard that the HANS will hit the seat). The XC looks like my only other option aside from the Recaro. I just wanted to make an educated decision before dropping $2,000 on a seat.

Thanks.

- Reg
I had this seat and loved it. Used it with HANS too. No problem. Hard to get in and out, but no biggie. U should be fine as long as your w size is no more than 34.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had this seat and loved it. Used it with HANS too. No problem. Hard to get in and out, but no biggie. U should be fine as long as your w size is no more than 34.
Thanks for the feedback... luckily my waist size is still a 32 after 10 years of marriage, so I suppose I should fit into the seat.

Side note - Where do you keep the Yak? I used to keep my Mooney in Danbury, CT (KDXR). I moved down to the Raleigh area a couple of years ago. I'm stashing it in Louisburg now (KLHZ). The difference in price is unbelievable.

- Reg

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I took the plunge and got the Reverie XC seat along with the Schroth 6 pt harness, CF center console, CF binnacle, shifter Re-enforcer, bollock, fire....the Reverie XC seat fits very snug - I am 5'7", 140 lbs....the lateral shoulder support is tight, and on the track I am much more connected to the car.
I think there is room for the waist and legs (I'm a 31" waist...) could probably fit 32 or 33" waist...
Getting in and out of the seat is not that difficult since the lateral thigh portion of the chair goes up to the entry sill and not higher...
Overall, very pleased with this equipment!

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's pretty darn tight around the shoulders and if your short like me u might have a problem where ur elbows hit the high side bolsters when turning.

Plastique do u not have any problems with the seat rubbing ur center console? am I the only one having this problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts