The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like my passenger side reverse lamp is not working. For all I know it never worked. I could not find any detail on how to replace it (or if I can). Manual just says to take it to a dealer. I'd, obviously, rather find instructions to access and replace bulb if that is possible.

·
Registered
220 Posts
you have to remove the rear bumper cover, it is a pain, on the euro models one of the backup lights is used as a fog light, you can check the wires to see if the wire to that side is hot when you put it in reverse?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else?

·
Registered
90 Posts
euro ones are definitely fog light. i didnt like that so ordered another reverse lamp and linked it to the original reverse lamp's line. now no fog light & 2 lovely white reverse lamps.. :)

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dmuhtaroglu - any tips on install, i'd rather do this myself if i can, doubt warranty will cover it

·
Registered
220 Posts
Again you need to remove the rear bumper cover, then the reverse lights are accessible.

BV.7 - rear bumper
The rear bumper moulding is screw fixed to the rear face of the rear clamshell, and covers the impact foam
secured to the rear subframe. It also incorporates the rear transom panel, houses the licence plate lamps and
rear fog and reverse lamps, and mounts the diffuser finisher.

To remove/refit rear bumper
1. From inside the boot, remove the trim panel from around the latch mechanism, and disconnect the harnesses
to the rear fog and reverse lamps, parking sensors and reverse camera.
2. From within each rear wheelarch, release the single fixing securing the lower edge of the bumper to the
subframe bracket, and the two fixings at each side securing the diffuser finisher to the diffuser. Also release
the single fixing securing the top edge of the bumper to the clamshell flange.
3. From within each side of the boot, remove the two grommets, and release the two fixings securing the
bumper top edge to the clamshell. Also remove the single screw just outboard of the tail lamp.
4. Remove the 5 fixings along the rear edge of the boot aperture, clamping the bumper to the clamshell.
5. Carefully withdraw the bumper from the clamshell.
6. Refit the bumper in reverse order to removal, ensuring that the diffuser finisher panel is first fitted, and
adjust the panel heights and gaps as necessary.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks S4Denver. I almost did it myself, but took it in. They covered the labor under warranty. The reverse light was 'unplugged' from factory. But I'm glad I now know the procedure to venture in there myself if I want to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts