The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to post this in a more specific channel but forums wouldn't let me.

Anywho, I need to re-attach the reverse lockout wire to the metal grommet at the shift knob. I can still pinch the wire through the leather covering and pull up to access the reverse gear.
I probably don't need to ask how but ya never know what tips other people might make you aware of if you ask.
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise, Midnight Blue
6 Posts
I tried to post this in a more specific channel but forums wouldn't let me.

Anywho, I need to re-attach the reverse lockout wire to the metal grommet at the shift knob. I can still pinch the wire through the leather covering and pull up to access the reverse gear.
I probably don't need to ask how but ya never know what tips other people might make you aware of if you ask.
Thank you in advance
I have the same issue. What did you do ?

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
Reactions: Amesburylotus

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts

Reactions: Amesburylotus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you ! I will try to fix reverse today !
As I have only had the car a few days I also think the speedometer is off by about 10 mph.

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks again ! I used JB weld on the reverse so that looks like it will work. Stripped a hex screw on the brake handle , drilled and easy out. Will find a new 5mm set screw. Also thanks for the speedo info. I tried to move the front license plate down to the original holder. The PO had a plate bracket in the tow hook. Found out why. He must have bottomed out and tore the plate bracket out of the front clam. Would fiberglass be the appropriate repair for the clam shells ?

·
Administrator
3,189 Posts
Yes grind out all loose glass and then feather it back. You can use some long strand kitty hair in can or some chopped strand mat. I usually use a vinyl ester based resin or epoxy with the CSM but poly based is fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts