The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried working some google magic and cant really find anything on this company other than several people on here saying not to use them but providing no evidence as to why. One guy got a hardtop from them and it didnt come with mounting hardware which i wouldnt have expected it to really. I'm looking for opinions on fitment and finish from people who've actually seen it or own parts from them. I'm contemplating a rear clam for my Exige but don't want to waste my money. A friend of mine who's owned a lot of high end cars pointed me to them and says that the parts he's gotten from them for his cars have always been top notch and he's had no complaints but most of the things I read on here say not to buy from them but dont really elaborate or have pics. I just wanted to see if anyone could elaborate a little more on them. Old posts also state they're wet laid but Ken (I think that's his name) has posted stating they've improved their processes and do dry CF and are now SGS and TUV certified

"On June, 2012.

Revozport is proud to announce the success in achieving Asia's first automotive & lifestyle composite product with design and production to become fully ISO 9001:2008 certified by both SGS & TUV SUD at the same time.

This news confirms that Revozport has been officially audited by the two most stringent certification body and proves that Revozport have met all the quality and management critea of this bestowed internationally recognised standard."

Anywho I figured I'd post up and see if I can find out some more info.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Because it never hurts to have more information. I have noticed many members of this forum have unrealistic expectations for carbon parts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ordered my front cf lip from them 2 years ago without any drama. It's a beautiful piece and fit great. No complaints here.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If everything you have read here was negative about their products for Lotus, why would you even consider them?
Because the things that I've read on LT that are negative are phrases like "their quality sucks" or "the fitment sucks" but never anything like "I ordered [insert part name] and when it arrived [there was a gap, it leaked, it faded quickly] as you can see from these pics: [example pics]"

Thanks 240am for the review on the front lip.

Thanks Silver_Surfer, I believe they are over in china and I'm pretty familiar with communicating with people there as I do business dealings all the time with people over there and the majority are pretty hard to communicate with. These dealings sometimes drag on for months but I don't mind the challenge and feel like I've got a pretty good grasp on understanding broken English.

If anyone has any additional input on Revozport I'd love to hear it. I may see if my friend has any of their pieces on any of his cars that he still owns and see if he'll let me check the quality on them. If so I'll report back with an opinion and hopefully pics but he's currently at SEMA so it'll be a few days.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Revozport have lifted their game.

Originally, issues arose from fact that thier body parts were for Rover S2 cars, which have differences to the Toyota powered car body parts.

As far as I know these issues have all been sorted as the last front clam I saw for a 2ZZ Toyota Elise was good quality and fitted very well.

They are good to deal with and pack goods properly, but keep communication to plain English.

And be clear about your model as there have been 4 different engined versions of the S2 Elise.

So if you are in the US you probably want a part for an ' S2 Lotus Elise (or Exige) with a 2zz Toyota engine'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts