The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy all,

Just thought id share my experiences with you regarding a hardtop i purchased from Revozport some months ago.

Early in the year i purchased Revozports Elise hardtop (another friend of mine also purchased one and is having the exact same problem as i am).

After ordering the top it arrived quite swiftly (which i was very excited about), until i opened the package. to find that it was simply the shell of the top with no mounting brackets etc.

I contacted Ken at Revozport and he was very helpful and friendly, to explain that the mounting parts were on order with lotus and would be sent to me in due course.

So several weeks/months later the parts finally arrived, only to find that he has only sent me about 1/4 of the mounting parts.

Now i have sent an email (as has my friend) and we have tried to phone several times, only to find that nobody is answering the phone anymore, and emails are not being responded to.

so now i have a hardtop which i cannot use until i purchase the rest of the mounting hardware,which will likely cost as much as the top did.

so please heed my warning, that although i have heard mixed reviews about Revozport, my current experience has not been great.

I will keep you posted on my experiences.

I guess this was a good excercise, as i was considering importing allot of their BMW parts, but if they cant even deliver 1 product, what luck would i have with lots of parts?

Out of interest, does anybody know any prices for the remaining parts i need?

> Front mounting pins/brackets (the ones that fit in the pin holes at the front)
> front mounting plate (the one that runs the full width of the top)
> Covers for the rear side brackets
> The rear holding bracket (the one in the middle at the rear?)
> the seal for the window

if anyone can provide prices or a supplier would be great as i would like to get my top fitted.

Cheers

Looney

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dear Guys,

I'm not a frequent forum server and I certainly just realised this post today. First of all, I must take most responsibily for such bad service to this customer. We did supply him the carbon hardtop without the lotus parts but when we were able to find the part number and order the parts, it was all too late. I apologise for my bad service and promise the same will not happen again.

It's been a few years now and we have improved and learnt from most mistakes. Our parts quality has also improved significantly. Our products are now produced through Vacuum infusion bagged, for e.g a carbon elise door can wight only 2.5kg dry weight.

Since i'm not a sponsor here, i'm not sure if i should post pictures of our recent products, but if anyone is intersted, please let me know through PM or email.

thx

Ken

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
True, perhaps we should but we cover quite a wide variety of Brands and we don't really have the marketing budget for each and every brand. Also we don't really have much new products for the Lotus Elise/Exige.

This is what we've done recently.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Guys,

I'm not a frequent forum server and I certainly just realised this post today. First of all, I must take most responsibily for such bad service to this customer. We did supply him the carbon hardtop without the lotus parts but when we were able to find the part number and order the parts, it was all too late.

haha, that is very funny Ken,

i never had a reply email of the dozens i sent, i never had any offer to eventually supply the parts, and had to pay several hundereds for the mounting parts.

Everyone please take my experience for what it is. an actual experience, he may sound humble and appologetic, but i can assure you its a load of BS. I was not delivered what i was promised, and my emails were never returned once i indicated the problem to Revozport.

Amazing i havnt popped onto the site for a couple of months and just stumbled onto this, glad the timing was good, i'd hate to see someone else be lied to like i was.

·
Registered
21 Posts
haha, that is very funny Ken,

i never had a reply email of the dozens i sent, i never had any offer to eventually supply the parts, and had to pay several hundereds for the mounting parts.

Everyone please take my experience for what it is. an actual experience, he may sound humble and appologetic, but i can assure you its a load of BS. I was not delivered what i was promised, and my emails were never returned once i indicated the problem to Revozport.

Amazing i havnt popped onto the site for a couple of months and just stumbled onto this, glad the timing was good, i'd hate to see someone else be lied to like i was.

Sir,

Can you please PM or let me know your full name so at least I know which order I can refer and if it's not too late, make up to it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I do remember a customer whom ordered a carbon hardtop which we've had problem in getting the original Lotus hardware parts. The customer did write about the complain and AFTER this customer we emphasized on ALL our orders for the Hardtop will NOT include any Lotus parts hardware and we suggest each customer to order directly from their local Lotus dealer.

Reason why I ask for his name is to dig out the history and hopefully offer some compensation.

As simple as that.

We are not here to deny anything, we did, we admit. If you don't think we're trust worthy then we just have to do more to hopefully regain your trust. If you're still in doubt then we just have to accept it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just as an update to anyone watching. i reveived a PM 3 weeks ago stating

Mr. #####,

I will see what we have in stock for your GT3 and see if you'll like to take it as a personal gift from myself as an apology.

I'll email you monday.

thx

Ken
very nice offer, and if it had happened, i would have told everyone that they did in fact make restitution for their service.

However as i said, this was 3 weeks ago, and no further contact etc.

im not using this as a forum to get anything from these people, or to try and manipulate the situation, however i would like everyone to be aware of how some vendors operate.

so if you are looking for a vendor for parts, just be mindful of the treatement i have received as well as another person i know who purchased a hardtop and received the same treatement i did.

Sincerely

Looney

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did reply you with pictures of the parts I offered you and didn't get a response from you.

I've also just pm-ed you.

I've admitted to my fault and am offering to rectify it.

Anyone who wants to buy from us, can at least see that I am willing to make up for the mistake and if communication is the problem, I do have an EMAIL, TEL AND OFFICE ADDRESS, that you can reach me but I only got an EMAIL of yours.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update for anyone that is interested.

they did offer me a Cup Car boot for my GT3. I said that would be very nice of them and accepted their offer. Was then told that the part had been sold by his partner and was no longer available.

I just want people to know that if you purchase from this company manage your expectations, you may the the piece of fibreglass you ordered but possibly not everything promised/offered

Cheers

Looney

PS: I have nothing to gain from any of this, so its purely to let anyone out there know of my experience. if you are thinking of buying parts there are plenty of vendor's out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts